The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force visions???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Force visions???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Force visions??? Reply with quote

Kind of a side topic to the Danger sense issue. But how do you decide who gets force visions?

One of the things i love about the Sparks campaign that SF7/GB7 runs, is all modules include both an interlude (think of a cut scene that a film uses to show us what the enemy is doing), and a Force Sidebar (vision). ONE of the above 2 has to have something to do with the module, the other can have anything to do with starwars...

THe vision is IC knowledge, while the interlude is for us, the people (so is ooc knowledge)...

The sparks group makes it easy, in that it is given to all force sensitives.... But i have had at times, been asked why not expand it to non force sensitives, especially since some are great hint points that might make the game actually be accomplishable.

So, what say you? Would you include non force sensitives? Just pick someone? ALL?
Have them roll something, and those who make it get it?
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not include non Force Sensitive people unless they had spent a FP last session, thereby tapping into the Force in their own meager way. Otherwise, I think they will begin to expect these visions.

Also, isn't there a pre-cognition Force Skill?

Just my two cents.

E
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is farseeing. But in the books, we see jedi at least, gettnig visions all the time....
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't actually get them "all the time." Even in the movies, visions in the Force only happened to further the story along. In ESB Luke had them several times... the first time being the cave. When he began having them involving Han, Leia and the rest being in danger, it was basically to hurry him along to face Vader. He was experiencing leaps and bounds in his Force abilities, and no doubt Vader was doing all he could to make sure Luke was drawn out of hiding.

I agree with keeping non-sensitives from having Force visions. Perhaps a vague sense of something not being right (or being extremely right)- but these are stretching it in my book. The ONLY way I'd allow such a thing was if they'd recently used a Force point, and in that dwindling, feeble connection they actually had with the Force at that point, it granted them just a smidge of a vision- a VERY tiny nudge in the right direction.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Skyler on this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much the same as on the holonet... thanks.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob. That's what we're here for, brother!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: