The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Autofire?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Autofire? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update... Had a chance to use the autofire (spray- and spray supression) at gencon... Managed to locate the notes i had on it, while doing some house cleaning...

The only discussion / disagreement we had with the rules, was spray, adding to both damage and to hit pool seemed to potent... BUT they did like the -1d off the to hit pool for the larger of an area you were spraying/number of opponents you were trying to hit...
PoorGM
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

After reading this thread I used arto fire rule with my group. we have played a few times and have come up with the following set we like. May not be to every ones liking but works for us Laughing

Please be kind about my spelling English is not my 1st Lang and I do not own a 3PO :O)

Please note we play that a round is is 5sec and that the max number of actions per round is 5 each being one second long.

Full Auto Fire

A weapon that can fire full auto may shoot upto it shoots per action cyclic rate or clip what ever comes 1st.

The player must state that he is going to fire full auto before he rolls any die and he must state how many bolts he will be firing before any die are rolled.

He then rolls his base skill Mod as follows -2D for firing full auto then plus 1D per even 3 rounds fired and +1 for each odd round less than 3.

The to hit target Number is the same as normal.

If the attacker rounds a 1 on the wild dice take the highest and lowest die from the total and note that any inocent by stander that can relisticlybe hit takes 1D bolts that miss the main target.

for ever 5 points over the to hit number another bolt has hit. Roll damage for each bolt sepratly

so if Bob the bounty hunter(blaster rifle 5d) wants to shoot jimmy the sitting duck in the back he would state he was firing full auto and that we was firing with his assult blster which fires 600 rounds a minute which is a max of 10 rounds per action (50 rounds per round).

Bobs plays say he real wants jimmy dead so shoots the max possible of 10 bolts 3 bursts of 3 (+3D) and a 2 round part burst so he would roll (+2)

5D - 2D(full auto) +3D(3 bursts) + 2 (part burst) for a total of 6D+2

If Jimmy is at short range (easy 2D) for a difficalty 8 and bob the bounty hunter rolled a 26 Jimmy whould be hit by 4 bolts (1+(26-8)/5)

it is not as hard as it reads and as GM a throw in a lot of blown up props for the rounds that miss. smashed fish tanks , desks tables etc etc

OK flame proof pants are on ...flame away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: