The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Blaster fire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Blaster fire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Blaster fire Reply with quote

If it is possible to blast someont in the foot with a blaster set on kill and only remove a few toes is it possible to do the same thing with a blaster set on stun and put someone's leg to sleep?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stun doesn't really work that way, with stun, if the person recieving stun damages suffers a wound or higher, then they're unconcious... I don't know of any exceptions to the rule

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Vex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stun settings work on there nervous system therfore affecting the whole body not just the part thats hit.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought as much... it's an ion cannon that effects organic things...

So unless someone had a built in circut breaker or fuse the whole organism goes down
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say it is up to you and the GM. Depending on your skill and how well you roll, you should be able to hit a specific target. As for the stun, if I were a GM, and the player wanted to "tweak" their weapon (another roll to see if that failed or not) then they could cause specific body parts to go numb. You could even have it happen unexpectantly when someone rolls a complication... Wink

I say role play. Don't be set on the rules 100% of the time. They are only meant to be used as guidelines. Smile
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: My Group... Reply with quote

My group has ruled that if a person is "Stunned" when they get hit with a stun blast (Read: Not in La-La Land...), then the portion in question is, indeed, asleep. As those types of things usually either happen during, or trigger, an adrenalin surge (Or the alien equivilent), this is ignored until the situation calms down, then it hits you... And can be easily walked off. Just annoying.

As for shooting off toes... There have been numerous mentions of finely tuning blaster settings. This means than you can, indeed, adjust the amount of damage a blaster does, between 1D and the Maximum D damage possible.

I wouldn't let this be done with Hold-Outs (Too small, that'd be one of the things they got rid of to make it smaller), but anything from a Sporting Blaster up, sure.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Scrawprin, this situation should be determind by you and the MOG. I myself, have always done it the way Crell suggests, but this kind of thing never accured in my games.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Vex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, in the novels it specefically describes how stun blasts work and, its effects(It's in one of the X-wing books, maybe Krytos).
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote
Quote:
I disagree, in the novels it specefically describes how stun blasts work and, its effects(It's in one of the X-wing books, maybe Krytos).

Well, if the X-Wing sourcebooks describe new rules for stun damage I'll consider changing my mind. Until then I'll stick to what I've always done.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note the Ssi-ruuk seem to have very advanced stun technology

This is neccessary as for entechment the subject needs to be conscious and aware but cannot be able to struggle.

I'll post some more stuff about the Ssi-ruuk, their weapons and entechment in the Ssi-ruuk thread in a little while.

Note I only have the novel 'The Truce at Bakura' not the source book so all of the stuff I post is not official and will not have any stats... People with the sourcebook would be most welcome to correct me of fillin any gaps 8)
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to get the sourcebook and let you know Razz Wink

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! 8)

See if you can send them directly to Loc so he can post them up as official stats somewhere on the site. That would be uber-awesome
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Crell, you better share that info with me directly. I really need at this juncture.

Yeah, that sounds like cool stun weapons. They would invest more in stunning technology than most though. Sort of like the Videans(from Star Trek Voyager) having such advanced medical equipment.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...

Just wait untill I post the entechment procedure. Man that is evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: