The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Phone home...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Phone home...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Phone home... Reply with quote

In the Episode I senate meeting, you can see a group of the E.T. aliens with there own pod thing. Any idea what they're Star Wars species name is, or any stats to put them with?

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw somewhere that ET's home planet was shown in some spin-off thing, and it looks an awful lot like Felucia.

I'd say ET himself, that particular individual that ended up on earth, is a Force-user, and therefore might not be good representative of his entire species. He has Telekinesis and Heal Another, just to start things.

As for the species, I'd give them a high TEC and PER, decent KNW. Average MEC, and somewhat poor STR and DEX. Don't know what special abilities they would have...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually go for high Know (for the agriculture) and per, with mod tech and mech, and low str/dex..
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the tech. Making an alien interstellar transmitter out of a Speak & Spell (tm), an umbrella, and some string was at least Very Difficult, if not Heroic. Maybe some FP use accounted for it, though...

Of course it's entirely possible ET just happened to have some garishly high Tinkering skill. Very Happy
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, it totally puts a new perspective on the scenes in ET where Elliot showed ET his Star Wars figures and why ET in halloween costume went after Yoda saying "Home! Home!"
Tejma_Muhog
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The early '80s novel E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet, a spin-off from the movie, reveals that E.T.'s homeworld is called Vomestra. (Very Star Warsy sounding, don't you think?) So I have always assumed that they are called Vomestrans. Also, I'd wager that a good number of Ithorians hang out on Vomestra, since the two species seem to share interests.

Quote:
I'd say ET himself, that particular individual that ended up on earth, is a Force-user, and therefore might not be good representative of his entire species. He has Telekinesis and Heal Another, just to start things.

As for the species, I'd give them a high TEC and PER, decent KNW. Average MEC, and somewhat poor STR and DEX. Don't know what special abilities they would have...

I agree about E.T. being a unique representative of his species -- I always got the feeling (from the movie) that he was sort of a precocious youngster, brought along on the voyage because of his unique abilities.

However, the movie also illustrates that several of his crewmembers do the weird glowy-heart thing (PER: cardiac communication?). So that's probably a species-wide thing, but not necessarily Force related.

I actually had an E.T. character in a campaign -- he wore leather and an eyepatch and was more of a vicious biker type than "E.T." was. And someone had cut off his forefinger...
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... ET with anger issues and a space Harley? Very reminiscent of the DC Comics Lobo character. I like it! 8)
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... Shocked Now THAT is a truly disturbing thought!

I think Lucas just threw them in as an Easter Egg... =)
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

I wrote a short essay titled, "Was E.T. a Jedi?" a few years ago that goes along with this discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: