The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mature Content
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Mature Content Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akari wrote:
Hehe... yeah, it looks like you need some fresh, inspired and double X chromosone blood in your campaign. Wink I'm a liiiittle far from you, but nobody have a sister or girlfriend or girlfriends sister or anything that would want to give it a try? I even used to play in an all-female game once (not Star Wars though) which was... erm... different... Some of us played male characters and relationships developed between characters and... two of us were kind of fond of playing them out... literally... in dime novel quality Rolling Eyes

STD's and pregnancy we have so far left out, mostly because they are (usually) not much fun to play. Have you ever seen an action movie where the female co-star tells the hero half way through the movie that her period is overdue? Our Star Wars games tend to have quite a movie-like theme somehow which is the main reason for me playing it. I can just picture it all in my mind... And sex scenes sometimes just belong into movies and as long as everybody is mature enough about their own sexuality, it can be a bunch of fun! Smile

Yeah fresh double x chromosome players would be nice. Really, my group is pretty small and none of my players have girlfriends or sisters or anything interested in playing. Most of them oddly, don't have any female siblings at all now that you mention it.

The whole reason for the STD thing was really to provide consequences to help curb their activities somewhat. I can see how what you are talking about can add an interesting and rewarding depth to the game. It's always something I've wanted to explore, but really never have had the opportunity.

In fact, we've never even had female characters in our game aside from NPC's. That alone would be an interesting twist.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Akari on all counts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... hate to revive an old thread but if you want to dive a liiiittle into what I dream at night you might want to look at a friends webcomic. He made a page about me... Very Happy

VERY MATURE CONTENT WARNING!! So please think if you really wanna see this before you go clicky... Rolling Eyes
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Makes us blush, she makes...

Very Happy
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT's a nice way to spend the night! Great choice of dreams, Akari. Maybe I could make a guest appearance in the next one? 8)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! That's some dream! Shocked

You better be glad they don't broadcast those things in IMAX... Twisted Evil
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an aside, I tend to keep my Star Wars games PG-13... just like the movies.

I once had a player drop an F-bomb in character. To which I responded: "You can't say F*** in STAR WARS!!!" which got a big laugh (yes, even I chuckled) but the point was made.

To me, Star Wars is about epic battles of good vs. evil (both internal and external). If two players/characters want to jump each other's bones, go play World of Darkness or something.

Just my 2 creds.

PS - I'd be lying if I said I didn't have one of those Twi'lek dancing girl fantasies, tho. Wink
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any game it can be as serious and real as the characters and the GM want it to be. My old character saved a fellow hunter from being murdered (both trandoshans) and got married with the kids. Now as far as she was concered (npc), she was out of the picture till the husband died. And now that her hatchlings are older she is out looking for justice against the one she blames for the wrong death of her husband. Which was a fellow PC at the time. If she dies at some point I might make a kid, it could be fun to play the next generation. I have another character that fell in love with a high cost prostitute. He freed her from the slavery in which she was forced to live and almost leveled a city and a certain notrious hutt to do it. And no descriptions where ever made about the sex or what we did; only that we did. Needless to save it can give you a chance to use skills that aren't normally used such as persuasion or specialization in Flirt.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data: "I am well-programmed in multiple techniques..." Razz
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense something... a presence I have not felt since... OH! My thread is active again!

See, I never allow anything explicit to be stated in game. But sex and pregnancy happened in the Star Wars movies and ya know what, turned out to be a significant plot point. What are the odds she'd have twins and their different lives would affect the galaxy so much... oh man, I've figured it out. Star Wars is a Sci-Fi version of The Parent Trap!

As for the dream you had, Akari... I and some of my friends have dreams like that. I don't roll on the pregnancy chart if an event like that happens in game, of coure. Laughing
to finance my 'vette!
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let my players say and do whatever they want. The games tend to be more graphically violent than the movies were, but that's the way my players want it. Plus, I don't expect them to talk differently than they normally do.

As far as the sex stuff goes, I don't go into a lot of detail with it. I just assume they do their business and move on. I do roll for pregnancies depending on the circumstances.
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group started out with Shadowrun: There is blood, there is violence, there is sex. I tried to run the Star Wars RPG in a different way, but it didn't work out. I think we are just your creepy, bad example of what roleplaying does to promising young men.

>-q=p---
DoubtBreak
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reluctant as I am to revive this thread yet again, I do have a relevant question that I don't think quite deserves its own thread:

How does promiscuity affect a Force-sensitive character?

From one point of view, it's bad- the character is giving in to base emotions and urges (lust, to be specific). It's not that different from giving in to fear, hate, greed, or thirst for power, and those are all clear paths to the dark side. "I want this, so I'll just take it," is the basic mentality of the dark side, and promiscuity fits into that pretty cleanly.

Then again, there's a case to be made that it's just fine. Attachment, as we learn in Episode 2, is what's forbidden to Jedi. Promiscuity is completely attachment-free. If the character is being careful, not only in terms of pregnancy and STDs, but also in considering the emotional well-being of a partner, where's the harm?

The best I've been able to come up with yet, is: "It depends on the specifics. In general, this won't give you DSPs, but it'll slow you down if you're trying to get rid of them."

Does anyone else have ideas about this?
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't view Jedi as necessarily celibate. Nomi Sunrider was the wife of a Jedi before she became one. Luke married Mara Jade. Committed relationships in themselves aren't a problem, it seems, as long as one is capable of maintaining them.
I also wouldn't equate promiscuity with "I want this, so I'll just take it." That sounds more like rape, and is certainly DSP worthy. Promiscuity just means you like to screw a lot, it doesn't mean you force yourself on people. If the hypothetical promiscuous Jedi is careful to not hurt anyone emotionally, I see no problem with it whatsoever.
The Jedi are often portrayed in a fashion analogous to Eastern ascetic mystics, meditating in silence, remaining celibate, etc. While that is a useful meme to adopt, I don't see a problem with having a Jedi who is more like an Eastern tantric, who have no problem with the more "earthly" pleasures, and in fact use them the same way the ascetic uses stillness and abstention.
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine the prequel-Jedi Order (1000BBY-19BBY) to allow it. The masters were basically monks sitting in an err...ivoranium tower. I don't know about the lower ranks, but this would be something the big-cheeses wouldn't want, because this could lead to acquisitiveness=>vanity=>anger=>hate=>death - you know the deal. There were exceptions being made for species. Ki-Adi Mundi was allowed to have a big family with multiple wives and kids. I think it was because the Cereans were dying out, but I'm not sure where I read that - prolly Wookiepedia.

Before Ruusan and after Endor things like a celibate for Jedi are unheard of. I also have the impression, that the tradition of taking force-sensitive babies away from their families was discontinued and I think I've read it was only started after the Ruusan reformation.

For a force-user it would definetly be ok to try to get it on. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

>-q=p---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: