The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Vader's stats??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Vader's stats?? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Vader's stats?? Reply with quote

I have looked through both my main 2nd ed rules book, the rules book for 2nd ed R&E and the imp source book, but cannot find stats for Vader... Can anyone help?
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vader's stats can be found in the Star Wars Sourcebook.

Also in GGs 1, 3 and 5.

Hope it helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These stats should be from GG5

http://users.adelphia.net/~allard/darth.htm

Wanted Poster
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
These stats should be from GG5

http://users.adelphia.net/~allard/darth.htm

Why would Vader have a Blast Skill? He's never used one in his life.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you've seen, at any rate.

For that matter, neither had OB1 before EPI III- again, that we know of. And yet he simply picked one up (in a precarious position, mind you,) lined up his aim, and took several shots which ALL hit their mark spot-on, finishing General Grievous.

For all we know, this might be simply a nod to Vader's incredible combat prowess, noting an innate talent for anything related to fighting.

Or, it could simply be some knucklehead who assumes that EVERYONE just HAS to have a Blaster skill, whether or not there's a legitimate reason for it... Rolling Eyes
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For that matter, neither had OB1 before EPI III- again, that we know of. And yet he simply picked one up (in a precarious position, mind you,) lined up his aim, and took several shots which ALL hit their mark spot-on, finishing General Grievous.

Or he simply used the force to hit his target spot on.
Darth Windu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that at one point in their careers, all jedi would have used a blaster.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that. Getting fellow jedi with blasters lined up on one side of a chamber, with jedi knights to be on the other... using powered down blasters to test their defensiveness.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a blaster shooting range at the Jedi Temple. Since, blasters in the galaxy are a common weapon.

Tradition says Jedi carry lightsabers as weapons. But no where does it say that they can't use a blaster, if need be.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe blaster skill is quite mandatory, at least for a lightside jedi. You can set a blaster to stun (when you don't want to kill your opponent) but thats kinda difficult to do with a saber.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the whole blaster thing. Droids can serve to shoot at Padawans in much the same manner the training remote does. I see no reason why a person would do it.

Plus, I believe Obi-Wan was using the Force to operate the weapon. As such, I would seriously doubt Jedi would have blaster skills, train with them or use them. The Jedi are trained from the age of around 5 to adulthood to use the lightsaber. Jedi are very defensive fighters and as a result would not need to use a weapon such as a blaster. Plus other than Obi-Wan's use of the blaster in EPIII there is no precident for Jedi using blasters.

Now, does that mean that a Jedi can't take an interest in them and shoot at a range and build skill with such a weapon, of course not. I just find it unlikely.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the Jedi - blaster connection quite plausible. Akari had an excellent point regarding stunning opponents, a very Jedi thing to do.

There is precedent for the more combat-oriented Jedi to carry and use blasters in the Jedi Academy games. Obi-Wan can scoff all he wants, but in my opinion, the smart Jedi knows how to use all sorts of weapons and methods. At least all of ours have.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly the Jedi are taught primarily to use the lightsaber. Since they're all taught to respect life, and trained that when they HAVE to kill, they're to do it looking the being right in the eyes (hence the lightsaber- a MELEE weapon- being their primary mode of offense/defense).

But in practical terms, it's going to be a LOOOOONG time before a character is built up to the point where they're skilled enough to ONLY take a lightsaber into battle every time and walk out unscathed, or relatively close to it. In that meantime, while they're building up their skills, there will be reasons for a Jedi to have a blaster skill.

...Say, for instance, you happen to be standing before Jabba's throne, having been unable to simply waltz in carrying your lightsaber, and wish to rid the galaxy of his vile putridness... Sure, he didn't get the shot off, nor would anything less than an eye shot do much to the Hutt, but you get the point. You have to be able to use what's available. Wink
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Certainly the Jedi are taught primarily to use the lightsaber. Since they're all taught to respect life, and trained that when they HAVE to kill, they're to do it looking the being right in the eyes (hence the lightsaber- a MELEE weapon- being their primary mode of offense/defense).

But in practical terms, it's going to be a LOOOOONG time before a character is built up to the point where they're skilled enough to ONLY take a lightsaber into battle every time and walk out unscathed, or relatively close to it. In that meantime, while they're building up their skills, there will be reasons for a Jedi to have a blaster skill.

...Say, for instance, you happen to be standing before Jabba's throne, having been unable to simply waltz in carrying your lightsaber, and wish to rid the galaxy of his vile putridness... Sure, he didn't get the shot off, nor would anything less than an eye shot do much to the Hutt, but you get the point. You have to be able to use what's available. Wink

Again I can't agree. You also can't use Luke Skywalker as an example of anything typical of a Jedi. First his upbringing was completely different. He didn't train until he was an adult. Yes he suffered from the apparent lack of confidence in his saber skill to weild the lightsaber alone. In Jabba's Palace he pulled the blaster because he didn't have his lightsaber on him. It was inside R2-D2. Notice that he didn't carry a blaster of his own after creating his own lightsaber upon returning to Tatooine.

Also, a Padawan does not run around without a Master and certainly doesn't until much older. This is evenidenced in Episode II and III as well as the Clone Wars series which is considered to be canon.

Jedi have no need for blaster training and therefore shouldn't have a blaster skill. Now certainly as I said before, exceptions could be made if a Jedi liked going to the range or something, or in the case of New Jedi Order era Jedi who typically started training in their late teens or well into adulthood, the skill would certainly be likely to be part of their background as it would have been needed before they had thier Force training.

There is no evidence that any Jedi trained in the traditional ways during the Old Republic ever recieved blaster training.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very convincing arguments. And all I can say, is "Run in your game how you want it". If you think Vader haveing blaster as a skill is silly, take it off or change it for something else.

Just my opinion 8)

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: