The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Off the wall player actions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Off the wall player actions Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Off the wall player actions Reply with quote

What is the most off the wall thing you've ever seen a player do in a given situation.

Mines got to be when the Admiral (Player Character) went down to the brig and randomly murdered another player character's bounty hunter that had been sent after him executing a bogus warrant.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has to be a player in the final showdown of my years-long campaign. They finally faced the dark jedi who had been their long standing nemesis. One player tells the others to wait in the back and he went alone to face her and her squad of stormtroopers. When he was a few paces away from the bad guys, in a totally hopeless situation, he simply drew a thermal detonator and vaporized everyone.

Through Force Points and player assistance, we were able to salvage about 60% of his body, and now he's a neat cyborg....
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Mine has to be a player in the final showdown of my years-long campaign. They finally faced the dark jedi who had been their long standing nemesis. One player tells the others to wait in the back and he went alone to face her and her squad of stormtroopers. When he was a few paces away from the bad guys, in a totally hopeless situation, he simply drew a thermal detonator and vaporized everyone.

Through Force Points and player assistance, we were able to salvage about 60% of his body, and now he's a neat cyborg....

I had a player's Dark Jedi lose control of a Force storm which left him in a similar state.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a jawa player character was running from a group of stormtroopers and turned into a stark and deserted alleyway with only a Bantha standing there. The character said he was going to hide but there was literally nothing in the deadend alley but smooth walls and smooth street and this bantha. The character said he was going to hide behind the bantha but the GM said that probably wouldn't work since there were 6 stormies about to search the alley way very carefully, so the Jawa made an amazing hide roll - with several wild die 6s and hid up the banthas butt crack. Until this point we didn't know banthas had butt cracks. Wild laughter insued
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy... can't you just picture such a scene in the films?
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewwww......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had players willfully remove their limbs in order to be allowed to buy cybernetic replacements.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a game, and my team had been pinned down by a bunch of stormies in Mos Eisley. So I managed to sneak away and get to my A-wing. I fought off a couple of TIEs and then proceeded to try and rescue my friends. I ended up doing a straffing run down the main street, and destroyed several residentual buildings in the proceess. I rescued the team, earnt DSP and obliterated the stormies.

Everyone thought I was going to leave them to their death (I'd done it before in D&D campaigns)

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it'd have to be when the team's sniper was cornered on the top floor of a ten story tower by a team of storm commandos - knowing she couldn't outfight them, she jumped out the ten story window and on the way down yelled "Hey Jedi! Catch!" The Director gave the Jedi -1D to his TK roll since it was unexpected.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthomer09 wrote:
I've had players willfully remove their limbs in order to be allowed to buy cybernetic replacements.

That's pretty messed up. I haven't had that happen. But several characters have ended up with them as a result of injuries sustained. Typically in Lightsaber Combat.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently there was a Houk in a firefight. I ran over quickly as he was occupied by others and dropped a grenade down his pants.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Juggling. Reply with quote

On a related note, we had rigged a garrison's reactors to blow and fought our way to the landing pad where we found a shuttle waiting to evacuate the base commander. Our intrepid group stormed aboard, put a large blaster to the pilot's head, and demanded he take off immediately. Much to our dismay, the pilot refused (this, in the days before the intimidation skill). Our resident Wookiee tried twisting the guy's arm (since time was running out and none of us could fly)but he refused to budge.

Having a sudden spark of improvisation, I removed several thermal detonators from my pack and began to juggle them. After several tense Dexterity rolls (I didn't have the juggling skill at that point) I finally dropped one which activated as it hit the floor. Everyone looked at me. I calmly asked, "Someone going to get that?" and continued juggling.

The pilot dove from his seat, deactivated the thermal detonator, handed it to the Wookiee, and promised to fly us anywhere we wanted if someone could make me stop juggling the thermals. We escaped with seconds to spare. 8)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthomer09 wrote:

If someone in my games did that, i would make sure the cybernetics they bought were installed by a shoddy medic, and would also have other problems.

Quote:
Having a sudden spark of improvisation, I removed several thermal detonators from my pack and began to juggle them. After several tense Dexterity rolls (I didn't have the juggling skill at that point) I finally dropped one which activated as it hit the floor. Everyone looked at me. I calmly asked, "Someone going to get that?" and continued juggling.

The pilot dove from his seat, deactivated the thermal detonator, handed it to the Wookiee, and promised to fly us anywhere we wanted if someone could make me stop juggling the thermals. We escaped with seconds to spare.

Had i been the gm, i would have had you rolling a die for each TD, to see if your 'jolting of them' set one off.
daphnebluestrat
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Pel wrote:

The pilot dove from his seat, deactivated the thermal detonator, handed it to the Wookiee, and promised to fly us anywhere we wanted if someone could make me stop juggling the thermals. We escaped with seconds to spare.

Had i been the gm, i would have had you rolling a die for each TD, to see if your 'jolting of them' set one off.

haha, no way...I can just *imagine* the twenty seconds of gametime when his character was calmly juggling high-powered explosives, only to drop one and equally calmly request that somebody pick it up.

Now if, after Pel dropped the thermie, nobody had tried to get it and shut it off, then by all means have it go off and end their miserable little lives.

But had the game-master ruled that one of them went off simply because of a failed DEX roll , it would totally have ruined the cinematic effect of the scene and discouraged the players from ever doing anything that insane again.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

Man, that's what you call hardcore vengeance.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: