The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

SW E-Books Non-File shering
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> SW E-Books Non-File shering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: SW E-Books Non-File shering Reply with quote

Ok dose anyone know where to find Star Wars E-Books for sale Legally I used to know one but they stoped about a month before they went all D20, so I Deleated their Link and set their Marckting e-mail to bounce.

Just looking to top-up my libary without coughing out E-bay prices.

Please no File-Shering links.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about E-Books, and I don't know where you are, but if you want the material, you could always look at gaming stores in and around where you live... I know some of the ones in Atlanta (Georgia, US) have the WEG books in the bargain bin for usually 50% or better off...
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Books are Eletronic Books, almost always in PDF format, Downloadible (For a Fee). Lots of Game Companies are Re-Releasing their old stuff in E-Book insted of "Dead Tree" format. some even Pre-Release their new stuff as E-Books.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize what E-books are, but, sometimes, the best thing to do is get hardcopy books - they can be cheaper than finding the E-books unless you want to use some of the file-sharing sites.

Otherwise, you could try somewhere like RPGNow... I will say that most of what I find as far as e-books IS through file sharing sites. Most places are going to have the NEW stuff, not much in the way of the old. Which is why I recommended trying gaming stores for hardcopy.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGNow only has the new WEG stuff. Unfortunately they cannot sell the Star Wars D6 materials. It's a licencing issue.

I have no idea where else you would look. If you do find anyone who is selling them, I would absolutely love to know.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no legal eBooks of WEG Star Wars stuff. They lost the license before they made any, and the old WEG was never big on digital stuff in any form, they even resisted having a website for a long time. If you want legal stuff, you're reduced to used bookstores and eBay, if you want eBooks, you have to go the file-sharing route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: