The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GENCON 06 after action report..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> GENCON 06 after action report..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: GENCON 06 after action report.. Reply with quote

Evening all. Another year gone, and another fine Gencon gone.. Here, as with last year, is my after action report.

First module i ran. Sparks 96, Another fine mess (one of mine). The players did real well on this, but one did die in the second combat with a fiersome T'rex like creature, when the party decided to step in and help their fallen comrade (who might have gone unnoticed) after he fell from a stampeed. Over all they did better than i thought, even going so far as to offer their services to the "others stranded:....

The Second module, was sparks 91, A Tricky Bounty. This one they struggled with, either not getting the hints i was dropping, or not putting the info together. So they wound up not finding their "target", and did get in some trouble with the imperials on Cloud City (a pair of ISB agents)..

The third module, sparks 78, Into the fire (another of mine) did not run. But then again there was a few others that did not run...
Also my fourth slot, sparks 79, What evil Lurkes within did not go off.

My fifth slot, was the second running of 96. Only 3 players were there for this but as it is not difficult they went in. During the same combat (which they did choose to do) with the T'rex from above, poor teamwork and tactics almost led to 2 of them getting taken out...But otherwise they pulled through like good guys do...

My sixth slot, Sparks 18, the Bacta run did. Had 3 players, and due to their actions, and lack of forethought, came close to being taken prisoner early on in the session. A little later, they did it again, and finally near the end, when leaving the imperial planet with the bacta (and a Hutts private shipment) they put their foots in it yet again. This DID lead to them getting captured, BUT lucklly the next slot up was the Interactive. As per Jeff stein, tony and steve they were in the same prison as Commodore Flash Meltdown... But due to how the rescue mission went, they are still there (I will let steve and tony go over what happened there)...

As for the interactive itself. The first part, like last year, was split into missions. My table (shared with Aaron as lead gm with me assisting) was a spec force mission. One of he players almost came cropper in the first round of the first droid battle, but with use of CP, was able to pull out of it with only gettng Mortally wounded. Later in that same battle, Vern weatherholt's Jedi Master almost died, was it not for a judicious use of Absorb/Disapate energy combined with being on a Force point... Lucky for him a while ago, the council agreed to allow it's usage AFTER the damage was rolled out , not like the book has it, where it has to be declaired BEFORE the damage is rolled...
The Second part of it, saw me doing a bounty PI for Scece, a Rodian bounty hunter who works with brick Tavock. He wanted a medium level (30-40K) boiunty to go after ON HIS OWN, so i was given the go ahead to put one up for him. I gave him 3 possibles, one imperial, one straight out corporate (though also had imperial ones) and one independent, which is the one he decided to tackle. He did well in the initial investigations: but whether not understanding teh connections i was giving him, from the hints, or just not being able to concentrate, he was unable to track the 'mark' down. In fact, he almost got captured himself, by sending his droid (a 3-PO) to go into a bank to 'intimidate' the teller inside into giving him account information for an orphanage...... Some poor rolls latr, and incorrect responses from his droid to the bank's security led to it's capture. BUT lucky for him and brick, the cops were unable to tap into it's memory banks. Otherwise both would be on their "need to speek to list"...

All in all, some good plaing all around, but also some rampant 'digging of one's own gravess' at several points...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: