The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Not sure...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Not sure...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Not sure... Reply with quote

Question I was deciding whether or not to equip my ship (it is very small) with the Incom W-34t Turbolaser, and eliminate my other equipment other than the ion cannon. What do you think?
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would help if we knew more about your ship, Ur... And what kind of situation you're in.

Turbolasers are *NOT* Subtle. And Illegal. And very heavily slapped down upon. And just not plain nice.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think a turbolaser is nessesary for a small ship... I would simply suggest modifying up the weapons that you already have and don't put anything too conspicuous.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm...

Might I interest you in one of Corel & DuVal's fine Mass Driver Weapons???
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a turbo laser would be too bulky and obvious, especially on small ships. You should go for laser cannons firelinked, of course, and upgrade your ion cannon. Smile

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Phaedrus
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side question, though on a similar subject, I've often wondered about putting a capitol scale weapon on a starfighter scale ship. Normally there would be a difference in scale, capitol to starfighter. Is this the case here? would a capitol scale weapon on a star fighter scale ship have the same penalties as well as the bonus?

Also, Corel & DuVal's mass drivers are GREAT!!!! Laughing As a GM, and all my players agree, They're wonderfull!!

~ phaedrus
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phaedrus wrote:
As a side question, though on a similar subject, I've often wondered about putting a capitol scale weapon on a starfighter scale ship. Normally there would be a difference in scale, capitol to starfighter. Is this the case here? would a capitol scale weapon on a star fighter scale ship have the same penalties as well as the bonus?

You can't put a Capital Scale Weapon on a Fighter. The weapon system is too large, requires too much power and cooling equipment, ect. It'd be like mounting a 16 Inch Deck Gun from a Cruiser on a Fighter Plane or Cargo Plane. It just doesn't work.

And, even if it did, it wouldn't leave much, if any, room for ammo on it (Capital Scale Turbolasers require *ALOT* of High-Grade Blaster Gas!).

Now, I know I put 'em on my O-Wing Pods sheet. But those are Externally Mounted, and extreamly limited in use and duration, as well as reduce the abilities of the O-Wing a great deal! And even so, it's not even a very powerful Turbolaser, either...

Phaedrus wrote:
Also, Corel & DuVal's mass drivers are GREAT!!!! Laughing As a GM, and all my players agree, They're wonderfull!!

I'll pass the compliments along to Mar and Mr. DuVal! Thank you for your kind words.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freigters however can have capital ship weapons...

If you have lots of cash you can buy a couple, strip them, gun them up big time, remove all the sensors and slave them to your own ship. They basically become remote weapons platforms.

Thats a lot of firepower coming from what appears to be a freighter that doesn't even have a weapons lock on you Twisted Evil

It worked for the rogue squadren... although I think they used proton torps and missiles not turbo lasers
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Xactly. Warheads are another matter. There is only a size problem there, and Freighters have that in spades! It doesn't take much in the way of power to run launchers (The warheads supply their own for the most part).

Should have mentioned them, but, eh, I'm lazy. That, and, frankly, we're rather lacking in hard stats for Capital Scale Weaponry... All we have really are the Starfighter Scale stuff from Tramp Freighters and Pirates and Privateers.

Now, sure, homebrew can be done for 'em, but that'd be neigh on different for every group...
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on warheads I guess missiles must be starship scale for recieving damage otherwise theid get a bunch of bonuses to dodging fire and any ship attempting to hshoot down a torp/missile would get a bunch of bonuses when it actually hit the thing.

I guess what that means is that if you are large enough and reckless enough you could probably use one as a club without (too much) fear of it going off.

After all if you're only doing character scale damage it's got an extra 6d to the 1d body stat (assumed)

Heck with 7d soak you can probably use torps as shields against blaster fire... probably Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: