The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ship Construction Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Ship Construction Rules Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great system, and it seems to work quite well, good job.

The only think I might add is that these rules are for creating a ship that is supposed to be built in industrial scale by some company, right? I think some rules might be included for engineering your very own ship. Of course you will need the proper installations and personnel proportinal to the scale of the project, but what would the final price be for that first model? After you've built the first, other models of that same ship would cost the normal price obtained through the normal rules, but the first prototype would be quite more expensive. I don't know, something like 50% on top of the cost, or something? Maybe your Engineering roll can determine what the cost increase will be?

Just an idea.
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course the whole construction process for a new type of ship should be more expensive than the listed price.

And I agree that the Engineering roll should determine the cost increase. I'm sure I've seen some engineering rules somewhere about cost of development and prototypes.

For now this system can at least help for situations like "What the hell this ship could cost ?" Laughing

edit : I found the Engineering rules, in an construction system I had on my hdd (I can't remember where or when I found it...) :
http://krapz.free.fr/Starship_Construction.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: