The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Super stun weapon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Super stun weapon Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that adding some realistic "problems" to the device would make it much more game worthy - you gotta have game balance or sessions just turn into who can think of the coolest piece of equipment that out-does eveyone else.

So while making a personal sheild out of a modified ManTrap thingy maybe it could do great against deflecting or skewing off-course blaster bolts or projectile weapons (there the physics counter push could be off set by an anti gyro thingy like Gry mentioned) but if the personal sheild was active when a much larger person or vehical closed in to close quarters then there could be an opposed STR rolls - both the guy wearing the device and the vehicle or person coming in would have to roll, and the one that did worse is the one that loses ground or falls over...(unless bolted to the ground or backed against a wall - yeah it could come with side arms that drive themselves into the ground for support..) Plus if you have it on and you try to fire it will really mess up your shots too

Game balance is good
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows about going with an under/over combo of a light repeater (set for stun) with a deck sweeper...
dren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't post. But, I just wanted to put my two cents in.

Hmmm... If you wanted to use a personal shield why not just use a Gungan shield. Though the gravity plate does sound interesting... Just not practical in my opinion.

To answer the original question about non lethal weapons, I know of three. The first is a stun batton. Basically a non lethal force pike that I believe was used by the "blue" guards in Ep 1. The second weapon is a stun saber. This is something that my GM and I invented for the game I am in now. Basically it is the same as a light saber except that it only does stun damage. I figured padawans and younglings would use this sort of thing to spar. Finally, there is the opi spray stick (I think I got that right). The spray stick was used by the Noghri Death Commandos during the Thrawn Trilogy. It was used instead of blasters on stun because blasters on stun can kill unborn children and Thrawn wanted the Skywalker twins alive.

The spray stick does pretty much what it sounds like. It sprays out a sort of glue, kind of like spider webbing, that covers an opponent and prevents them from being able to move.

For the character mentioned, the Neo Imperial, I think that the stun batton or the spray stick would make the most sense since they have both been used by imperial, or quasi imperial, forces.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stun weapons: I have this image in my head of someone running around whacking people in the head with a bat..... Twisted Evil
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
Stun weapons: I have this image in my head of someone running around whacking people in the head with a bat..... Twisted Evil

How about mounting a shock boxing glove on a bat. Now that could cause some hurt.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be pretty much a Stun Baton?
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sure, but who really wants to use a weapon called a baton. Smile
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can be the british police! you can beat people with your baton. lol baton. i want a baton Very Happy

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mess with the British police. I was in London in July and saw some officers walking around. No they didn't have pistols, but one was carrying a very nice submachine gun. Right on Westminster Bridge.

Anyone familier with the standard issue British police arms? I've been curious as to what he was actually carrying.
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to stray to far off topic but I had to do some research myself now. Curiosity gets you every time. According to several sources this is likely what he was carrying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP5

HK MP5, I was shocked. Shocked I've fired my fair share of weapons but never expected to run into anythink like that on the street.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely he was some kind of specialty cop, like the British equivalent of SWAT, or there was some kind of high security situation. The average British cop doesn't even carry a handgun.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How about mounting a shock boxing glove on a bat. Now that could cause some hurt.

YES! Twisted Evil
I LOVE it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: