The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another NOOB. Yes, I'll admit it. I've had been roleplaying with the same group of guys for about 10 years. We would change systems and start over every now and again but we did have one long stretch with D6 Star Wars. We all ended up moving away but have kept in touch and are finally close enough to start a new session. I've GMed one off games in the past with little success but I'm going to be trying my first campaign starting soon. We were origionally going to use D20 rules but after discussing it D6 still just seems like the way to go. Expecially since not everyone will be at every session so I don't have mixed levels to worry about. I'm VERY thankful I found this site. I LOVE Gry's sourcebooks and REALLY wish I could get a copy of the Starships one he had to take down.

I think thats enough to start but I'm sure I'll be adding more and getting tips and advice and hopefully my campaign goes well and I stay here regularly.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, noob or not, we're glad to have you here. It sure beats the spambot invasion we've been suffering... Confused
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, Aardon, you're very much welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed my PDFs, it's always good to know my hard work is appreciated and helpful. If I ever get around the embargo on Starships Stats, I'll be sure to send you a copy.

In the meantime, hope your new campaign goes well. And you can count on us for any support you need (dumb questions are welcome).
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noob question. I'm basically reading the entire forum now. (Don't tell my boss! Smile ) I have some comments for some that haven't been updated in quite a long time. Is there any code I should follow about reurecting dead topics? Don't do it if its over some age? I'm thinking its pretty open here given the game itself isn't coming out with new material and I've seen a couple topics that seem to go without update for a year or more then come back to life after one posting.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We surely don't have any policy on that. The more discussion, the better. i've seen some jurassic topics brought back to life that generated some good discussions.

So, you're very much encouraged to lurk anywhere in the forum and bring up anything that might peek your interest.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry's right. I'd maybe go so far as to say that if you're going to resurrect a topic, just please have something relevant to say-even if it's just a noob question. Beyond that, have a ball!
D'venth
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Just joined here and I think the site is great. So much information only a button press away, I'm thoroughly impressed. Hopefuly I won't annoy too many people on here. Razz

See you on the flip side. 8)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Always glad to have another D6er around...
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. My name is Scrawprin, and I'm a "new" STAR WARS West End Games role-player... Razz

Okay, the part about me being a new RPG'er is false, but I wanted to say "hi" again and re-introduce myself to the forums as more than just a silent forum admin but as a fellow GM and player. Loc Taal, as you all know who setup and runs this awesome D6 site, completely surprised me just a couple of days ago (that ol' rascal!).

I had handed over all of my SW RPG books several years ago to him so he could add them to his Jedi Archives. He knew I had been gaining interest again in roleplaying in general thanks to our friend, Zoda, whom had given me the corebook for Decipher's "The Lord of the Rings" RPG a couple of months ago. I was even tempted to pickup some of the basic SW books from Chimera Hobby store I used to frequent often, just to start building up my collection again.

Any way, he hands me a "last minute" gift on New Year's Eve. I'm thinking I am suppose to pass it onto someone I was standing by, but he says no, it is for me and to open it. I'm completely baffled what it could be. Upon opening it, I almost soiled myself from the excitement as I discover it is the STAR WARS Roleplaying Game - 2nd Edition book. He replies with, "I have the rest of your books in a couple of boxes out in my truck." Shocked OH BABY! I'm sure I had a huge grin on my face as I passed out from the excitement... *thud!* Laughing

Needless to say, "hi", and I hope to be able to contribute more to the forums other than to keep it spambot free. Wink
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Scrawprin! Glad to know you're still playin the game

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Scrawprin. Glad to see you around again.

Congratulations on the gift. ALWAYS a good thing to receive SW D6 books!
Xenogeneic
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: New to the System and the Forum ! Reply with quote

Hey,

Ron here ! I 'm not new to gaming but am new to the D6 system and am quite looking forward to it .Love Star Wars of course. I 'm just here introducing myself and am quite looking forward in talking to all of you in the future.
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of us.
One of us.

Twisted Evil

And welcome to the D6 world!

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Ron. Glad to have another fan aboard.

Trust us. You're gonna LOVE D6.
Resh Kaska
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

My name is Resh Kaska, at least on this forum. The Rancor Pit came to my attention via RPG.net where I use my real name.

I have been a D6 Star Wars gamer since 1987 and a Star Wars fan since 1977.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 15 of 64

Jump to: