The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stock Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Stock Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Stock Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier Reply with quote

Anyone have stats for a stock Sierar Systems Star Courier. Its a beautiful ship and I just got a great model of it so I think my players would get a kick out of flying one of these around. The only stats I can find are for Darth Maul's Heavily Modified version. From several sources it looks like there were not a lot of these manufactured but if it specifically states that Mauls was heavily modified I figure there must have been at least some stock production.

Also does anyone know of any deck plans that may have come out for this? I can create some stats of my own and some deck plans but if anyone has anything official that would help.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Wookieepedia's Sith Infiltrator (or Scimitar) entry pretty much states that it's a unique ship. It's a modified prototype of a vessel that never really went into production. However, the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels apparently says that afterwards Sienar did produce a star courier that was suspicioulsy reminiscent of that Sith craft. Note that in that case the book uses "star courier" as a description of the ship, not a model name.

But, well, if you'd like to hand your players one of these "star couriers", I'd make it something like this:

Star Courier
Craft: Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier
Type: Courier transport
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 26.5 meters
Skill: Space transports: Star courier
Crew: 1
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 10 metric tons
Consumables: 1 month
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: x12
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh
Hull: 3D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 25/1D
Scan: 40/2D
Search: 60/3D
Focus: 4/3D+2
Weapons:
2 Light Laser Cannons (fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D+2
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not going to exactly hand it to them, but moreso let them put one back together if they want to get off a certain planet where they are not wanted any longer.

Given the purpose of the ship being a true courier and its age I think I'd probably adjust your stats just a bit and go:

Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5
Maneuverability: 1D+1

When they first get it it probably won't even be that good. But I'm trying to get a feel for what the standard would be that they can built it back up to then surpass.

Also, do you see any reason the domes at the top and the bottom couldn't be outfitted with turrets? They would lose some cargo room but it sure looks like a good fit. With the folding wings I'm thinking they would have to make some comprimises. Perhaps with the wings up you get full speed and maneuverability but lose 1D to fire controller for the turrets. If you close the wings you have full fire control but lose 1 speed and 1D manuverability. I could have up to 6 PCs on the ship and need to keep them active. 2 turrets, pilot, shield operator, sensors operator and one guy running around putting out fires works. It will be a rare occurance when there are all 6 so it won't usually be that hard.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good. I think a couple turrets could certainly be added to it, and I like your system with the folding wings.

I don't know that it would have a stock x1.5 hyperdrive, usually those fractional drives are modifications, so I'd put the stock at x2.
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thats good to know about the fractional drives. I wasn't aware of that. I've never understood why the multiplyers only come in .5 incriments. Sure the math is a bit easier to do in your head but in reality I would think you'd end up with ships with every possible modifier. Take a x2, tweak it to make it a bit better and end up with a x1.8. Its like saying all cars have a top speed of 110 or 130 or 150 and no one can build anything in the middle. Sort of off topic but it has always bothered me.

Thanks for the tips Gry. Great as always.

I've search everywhere and haven't found a floor plan so it looks like I'll be mocking one up. When I get around to it I'll likely post it here for feedback.
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually thinking about it again the x1 to x2 multiplyer is more like saying a car has a top speed of 110 or 220 and nothing in between. Thats a big difference.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. But if you look at ALL the ships we know of, I don't think there's a single stock model that comes with a fractional hyperdrive. When you see something like x1.5 it immediately says "Modified".
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aardon24689 wrote:
Ah thats good to know about the fractional drives. I wasn't aware of that. I've never understood why the multiplyers only come in .5 incriments.

Actually, if you're talking about modifications as well as stock, the modifiers don't come only in .5 increments. Queen Amidala's starship from EPI I had a modifier of .33, IIRC.
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Aardon24689 wrote:
Ah thats good to know about the fractional drives. I wasn't aware of that. I've never understood why the multiplyers only come in .5 incriments.

Actually, if you're talking about modifications as well as stock, the modifiers don't come only in .5 increments. Queen Amidala's starship from EPI I had a modifier of .33, IIRC.

Hmm, that stats I have for that show an x.5 multiplyer.
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through my stats the only ship I see that doesn't have an intiger or a half is Dash Rendar's Outrider with a x.75 multiplyer.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's impossible to have odd multipliers. I think it's just a matter of making it easy to calculate for the published ship examples. I've had characters with ships that have a .875 modifier, for example. No big deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: