The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mozilla Firefox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Mozilla Firefox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Mozilla Firefox Reply with quote

Hi. I'm just trying out Mozilla's browser, and I'm having some trouble logging in. For some reason it never accepts my login. It doesn't reject my password, but when I go back to the main forums page, I'm still not logged in. This remains true even if Firefox saves my password.

Anyone got a clue?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, no idea. I've only ever viewed the forum using Firefox and have never had any problems... nor have I had that problem on other browsers.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to allow cookies.
Go to Tools>Options>Privacy, and you should see what you need there.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my cookies enabled, and I can even see the cookies accepted from the site. It still won't let me login. I don't get it.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because it's Firefox. IMO, that program is a piece of garbage. I've had nothing but problems with it. I'd rather have security-risk IE over a works-on-less-than-half-of-everything Firefox.

My suggestion, go back to IE, or go with something else if IE is too much poison for you.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a problem with something else, then. I've never had any problems with Firefox whatsoever, so I'm not sure what Grimace is on about with "works-on-less-than-half-of-everything."

Do you have any extensions like AdBlock or NoScript enabled? If you do, you might need to give the Rancor Pit permissions. What version of Firefox is it? What version of Windows, if you are using Windows?
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox has to be my favorite browser.... Open source id the way to go! Kinda like The Rancor Pit Forums.... open to all to add their two sense worth... with no major arguing or fighting... all in an attempt to make a better product!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: