The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Back with my character story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Back with my character story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Back with my character story Reply with quote

To anyone who still remembers me... "Hi guys, I'm back!" ^_^

Ok, its long overdue, but I wanted to post the story of my favorite character of all time, which is of course Akari Cloudtamer. The origin, her behaviour and especially her looks are a little similar to Tenel Ka who I always liked a lot in the novels... We have also inadvertently twisted the history and inhabitants of Dathomir a bit, simply because we didnt have any reference material at that time and just made it up on the fly... Our campaign plays shortly before Episode IV.

It all began with Order 66. Yasuro Cloudtamer, a promising young human Padawan at this time, received the mental warning of his mentor to hide in the outer rim. By accident he discovered a vast jungle planet in the Quelii sector, called Dathomir, with a strong darkside aura that should hide his force powers nicely. He hid his YT-1150 freighter and started to settle on the aparently uninhabited, and more importantly, uncharted planet.

After some time on the planet his presence was discovered by a band of Amazon-like darkside force witches who called themself the Nightsisters. He put up a valiant fight, but was eventually subdued by their overwhelming powers. They brought Yasuro before their queen Chu-Thadra and she sensed the "magical energies" in the lowly male. Her plan was to give birth to a heir anyway and with a talented outsider like that, it might just become a child worthy of her position. With her mysterious force powers, she managed to control the mind of the young Padawan and have a child with him, carelessly tossing him into the slave pits afterwards where all males were kept.

During the hard labor, Yasuro trained and honed his force skills and kept spying on the force witches, working on a plan to at least free his daughter who her mother called Aki-Thadra. Eight years after queen Chu-Thadra gave birth, he managed to free all the slaves and in the resulting chaos capture her from the village. After a hot pursuit scene he reached his old freighter with his daughter and managed to lift off from Dathomir.

In the following years he began to systematically remove the darkside taint that her mother indoctrinated her with and began to train the child who he renamed to Akari to not remind her of her sinister heritage in the ways of the force, in firm conviction that the primitive Nightsisters had no way to follow them.

Akaris mother Chu-Thadra however was more then furious, being tricked by a lowly male like that and swore revenge. She began casting a self-designed ritual to force one of those metal flying crafts onto the planet. Several years later, if by accident or due to the massive ritual, a pirate vessel landed on Dathomir to resupply and Chu-Thadra took her chance. In a dramatic display of her frightning mastery of the force, she slew the leader of the pirates, forced the others to acknowledge her as their new leader and took off with them to find her captured daughter.

When Akari was 14, she was already well on the way of becoming a Padawan. Her fathers efforts had cleansed almost every trace of her old self and enabled her to see what was wrong with her mothers teachings. She showed an incredible talent for learning and was almost ready for lightsaber training when the freighter suddenly was attacked by pirates and Yasuro and Akari were startled to see queen Chu-Thadra herself standing in the hatch! A fight between Yasuro and Chu-Thadra broke out, lightsaber versus destructive force powers and Yasuro managed to push his daughter into the only lifeboat on board. While she was jettisoned from the two docked vessels she could witness a huge explosion over her head, engulfing the ships in a fireball and ripping them into tiny pieces.

Akari, shocked by the loss, quickly gained her composure again and tried to make her way, earning some money on backwater planets, staying close to starports and carefully overhearing when people talked about the legend of the Jedis... Then one day her father appeared in a dream. He told her to seek out a certain inhospitable planet, uncharted and far away from the traderoutes and wait there. With her last money she persuaded an independent cartographer to take her there and land on the planet, but he got caught in a tremendous lightning blast which fried almost everything electric on board and the ship crashlanded on the planet, killing the pilot. Akari however survived, badly wounded.

---

This is basically the start of Akaris life of adventure. A mere 15d in attributes, 1d in sense, control and alter respectively, 7d in normal skills, only wielding a knife... She met the group there and they went out on several adventures lasting a good year in real life and campaign. Unfortunately I had to leave the campaign shortly after and only recently rejoined.

The GM who ran Akari as an NPC had her captured, tortured and raped for weeks by imperials (mostly as a plot device) in one of the last adventures and (still as NPC) she collected an extremely unhealthy amount of darkside points in the combat that eventually broke her out. Almost turned darkside, she now floats in the ships Bacta-tank, subdued by some stun blasts from the teams leader. The team now wants to find a Jedi that may help her to regain her composure.

I now play another character, an Essastii gunslinger with a pair of very nasty firearms and a rather twisted view of honor. At least for the time that Akari is caught in the Bacta-Tank... Wink
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very, very nice backstory, Akari. It's very rich. It's just a pity that both the parents are killed, as that undercuts a large chunk of potential for future adventures where Akari's heritage come back to haunt her.

The only problem with Dathomir continuity that I see is the fact that Chu aquires a ship and leaves the planet on her own, when it's established that the Nightsisters were desperately looking for ships in order to spread into the galaxy. However, I think that discrepancy can be explained like this: When Aki was kidnapped by her father, Chu was madly enraged by it. Recovering her daughter (and future queen) consumed her every thought, so when the freighter showed up, she didn't care about her clan's conquering ambitions, she just selfishly hopped aboard to retrieve her daughter.

Anyway, nice character, and I hope you get back to playing her soon.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back.

I think you were most active on the forums when I was fairly inactive but I did catch some of your posts. It's good to have you back.

Nice background. Looks like you've got a lot of decent plot hooks in there.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
That's a very, very nice backstory, Akari. It's very rich. It's just a pity that both the parents are killed, as that undercuts a large chunk of potential for future adventures where Akari's heritage come back to haunt her.

Hehe... you know how those movies are... "no body was ever found..." Wink

I'm pretty sure that at least her mother is still alive (maybe teleported herself back to Dathomir via a recall spell or something) and will be back to haunt the party if we ever get to a modest amount of exp... after almost 3 years of biweekly play our oldest character has just about 200 XP, while Akari is at around 160 now, and yes I know we don't get enough...). Akari got a lot of prophetic dreams about her mother, especially now that she is so close to the dark side again. She will likely call herself Aki-Thadra again as soon as she awakes from the bacta-tank and be extremely hostile towards men.

And yes, Chu-Thadra wanted all the power to herself. She knows that as soon as the Nightsisters leave the planet, they will no longer stay together and she likely can't stay in control. She wants a strong heir that can keep the potential ursupers in check, thats why she was so furious...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akari wrote:

Hehe... you know how those movies are... "no body was ever found..." Wink

Yeah, I thought you were going for that, but I hoped not. I hate those kinds of things, where you have to actually see a fully shredded corpse in order to be sure someone's dead. I always feel cheated when someone pulls the old "he didn't really die" trick. I'm just finishing reading the Clone Wars comics, and the amount of times they make you believe Asajj Ventress is dead is just ludicrous.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
I hate those kinds of things, where you have to actually see a fully shredded corpse in order to be sure someone's dead. I always feel cheated when someone pulls the old "he didn't really die" trick.

It's not quite as bad as 'and it was all a dream' but it's up there.

That being said I'm all for having background characters just vanish and having no-one knows what happened. Adds to the mystery... provided they didn't vanish by walking into a buning building that tehn collapses but can't be found anywhere in the rubble.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, I didn't really want to give myself (and the rest of the group!) such a strong adversary, just because it was part of my background story... They would really hate me for that... Confused

Also I couldn't leave her father alive, cause that would account for a major backup and help, which again the group didn't quite deserve.

So I thought about leaving the exact details to the GM... maybe they managed to escape in the pirates vessel escape pods, which got damaged in the explosion, lost their memory for a while and are both still alive...? Frozen in carbonite perhaps? My character doesn't know and I personally don't know (and don't really want to know!), its all up to our gamemaster to decide.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the logic behind that and I do hate people who try to leverage ultra-powerful advantages into backgrounds and then use them like a crutch.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

The only problem with Dathomir continuity that I see is the fact that Chu aquires a ship and leaves the planet on her own, when it's established that the Nightsisters were desperately looking for ships in order to spread into the galaxy. However, I think that discrepancy can be explained like this: When Aki was kidnapped by her father, Chu was madly enraged by it. Recovering her daughter (and future queen) consumed her every thought, so when the freighter showed up, she didn't care about her clan's conquering ambitions, she just selfishly hopped aboard to retrieve her daughter.

Anyway, nice character, and I hope you get back to playing her soon.

Actually maybe the mothers actions, is what spurs on the future nightsisters to their actions..
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Actually maybe the mothers actions, is what spurs on the future nightsisters to their actions..

Actually Akari might (in her current state of mind) want to return to Dathomir and demand of the Nightsisters to train her in the dark foce skills, in exchange for a passage off the planet... Which would make things REALLY difficult... Hope the others can prevent that... Confused
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Akari! Long time no see. How you been?

I just noticed your name and had to say hi. I'll read your backstory a little later when I have more time, and I'll comment then.

Good to see you again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: