The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Full Might of the Empire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Full Might of the Empire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phaedrus
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Full Might of the Empire Reply with quote

I just though I'd share this with you guys, because I sure did enjoy it Smile

I've got a campaign set just before / at the beginning of the Thrawn books. The characters are fringe types that have had a few run in's with the Imperial Remnant forces, and everytime I hear from them how easy stormtroopers are, how weak TIE fighters are, how they'll kick the Empires @$$... you get the idea.

The whole time the PC's have been running thorugh New Rep controlled territory along a main trade line in the Outer Rim. Last Night they finally crossed the DMZ (demilitarized zone) into true Imperial controled territiory.

The look on their faces was PRICELESS as I described a full attack line of Star Destroyers guarding the system, along with another 100 or so support ships, and squadron upon squadron of TIE fighters. I've never seen them be so polite when a customs officer comes on board. Luckly the sensor proof hidden cargo compartments worked Wink

Well... I guess that just goes to show you that even the most experienced group of characters in a fast, up-gunned, freighter can be humbled by the FUll Might of the Empire Twisted Evil

~ phaedrus
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must have been a Kodak moment LOL Laughing 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And the fellow is three feet tall." "No way I'm going to do what he says. OK, I look down and him and growl. Intimidation roll, right?" "Did I say feet?" "Yes." "Oups." *Checks Notes* "METRES. Three METRES tall." "I look up and smile politely and do whatever the nice man asks."
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
warl0rd_of_tat00ine
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
"And the fellow is three feet tall." "No way I'm going to do what he says. OK, I look down and him and growl. Intimidation roll, right?" "Did I say feet?" "Yes." "Oups." *Checks Notes* "METRES. Three METRES tall." "I look up and smile politely and do whatever the nice man asks."

lololololol!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by warl0rd_of_tat00ine on Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GM once thought that he had gotten us with Imperial Might... No Star Destroyers, but a few Medium Capital Ships (Frigates, Light Cruisers, ect.) and an Interdictor. And all we had was our Neb-B Frigate.

Five second battle. Interdictor is being abandoned, the Commanding ship has a Cap-Scale Concussion Missile hole where it's bridge used to be. And we got *ALOT* of salvage to interest the Rebel Alliance with.

For this reason, and many more, the campaign has become known as the "Gods Of The Universe" campaign.

They had to bribe us with 5-10% of a Planet's annual GNP to get us interested in liberating it...

"It's kind of a pay cut... But it's regular... I'll put it to the crew." "WHAT???"

We went with it, don't worry... And, boy, was it dangerous!!!

Droid Controlled, Poorly Maintained Slurry Trucks... Ugh.
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! But things that are big aren't always very strong! Like Amanin...
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial Star Destroyers are Overkill Personified. Victory Star Destroyers are almost Complete Overkill (Vic-Star Duces are).

Typically, one Imp-Star should be sufficient for... Um... Anything. Two will handle anything. And a group of them are used when you need to make sure *NOTHING* will ever grow on the planet again without massive terraforming.

But you're right... Massive things aren't always very strong. Dreadnaughts aren't that powerful mass-for-mass with Imp-Stars, but they're more available...

And, of course, the Biggest Things In Space, Bulk Freighters, can't fight worth SQUAT!!!
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all Bulk frieghters are weapons when thrown Twisted Evil , second of all the biggest thing in space was the Death star, and that ws also the most destructive
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point...

And you have to love the "Heinlein Manouver".

This is simple: Take a really, really big rock, and drop it into a Gravity Well of a Planet. With enough calculations, you can figure out which neighbourhood it'll drop into.

Better hope my Workplace never gets ahold of a big enough rock, Ur... Brooklyn or Queens would be nice targets for us... And there would be... "Collateral" damage. Laughing
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group of specs feels the might of the empire every session... i think they're a little disappointed because stormies seemed like such pushovers in the movies... and they seem to be getting injured quite frequently..

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't dangerous 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: