The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Jedi Reply with quote

Ok, for the first time, one of my characters want to be a jedi.
When first creating the character, can he use some of his 10d to improve the control, alter, and/or sense?
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10D what? You can use some of your 18 attribute dice to increase your force attributes, and improving them is just like improving an attribute. you can't use your 7 skill dice to do any of that though.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 28 of the Second Edition Revised & Expanded book, it says:
Quote:
A beginning character has 7D to spend on skills; you can add 1D or 2D to any of the skills shown on the template.
If a character has any of the Force skills - control, sense or alter (they'll be listed under special abilities) - you may improve them, but you cannot add these skills to the template if they're not already listed.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that at the moment of character creation Control, Sense, and Alter are treated as attributes. I.E., you must pull the dice from the 18D mean for attributes, no the 7D for skills and specializations. However, to improve Control, Sense, and Alter you must improve them as you do other skills. Is that correct?
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have been cunfused on the 10d thing... but I read some where that for character points its 2 times the D, but its just character creation I dont know about...
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
My understanding is that at the moment of character creation Control, Sense, and Alter are treated as attributes. I.E., you must pull the dice from the 18D mean for attributes, no the 7D for skills and specializations. However, to improve Control, Sense, and Alter you must improve them as you do other skills. Is that correct?

It says in the Revised and Expanded book that you can spend your skill dice to raise the force attributes, but only if you already have them, to get them, you have to pull from your attribute dice pool or spend the CP Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Crell Damar on Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lindamus
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interpretatoin of this...

when generating a character you get 12d then 6d totaling 18d of skills.

the 12d is for the non force attributes, then the remaining 6d can be spent in control, sense and alter and the normal atributes.

now, an existing character wanting to learn a new force power will pay the number of character points in front of the dice when increasing the force attribute. Double when there is no teacher. House rules, when there is no teacher, you pay the normal price and only get the pip increase. If you pay again, you learn a new force power in 1d weeks.
Wookie rage
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell, where did you read that about improving force skills? And if you improve them at the beginning like that can you add a new force power?

"Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements." ~Obi Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy oh boy...

Okay, well most species have 12 attribute dice. Playercharacters add 6 to that totalling 18d. Now, most jedi templates have at least one force skill at 1d which comes from the starting 18d attribute dice. In order to raise that force skill at character creation, you can use skill dice (7d) and put as much as 2d into the force skill like any other skill.

As for templates without force skills, it is up to the player and GM to decide if the player will start with a force skill, meaning altering the template to accomadate the force skill as stated above.

Wookie rage wrote

Quote:
Crell, where did you read that about improving force skills? And if you improve them at the beginning like that can you add a new force power?

That is written in the Star Wars Revised & Expanded book. It does not state additions of new force powers but I use a house rule that is you get a new power for every d you add to the skill, so max 3 powers at 3D.

Force skills can be improved like anyother skill, but the cost and training time is double without a teacher.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Wookie rage
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, sorry if that was a bit to go over. You've definitely cleared some stuff up for me and I appoligize because now that you say that I've actually found how you can put some of the original 7D into the force skills. It's one of the few things I don't really care about with the revised and expanded rule book is that everything isn't always easily categorized. That...and all the typos that I find. Evil or Very Mad I find the lack of prove reading disturbing.

"Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements." ~Obi Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big. I find the organization of the book second nature, then again I've been using it for close to five years.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it second nature because it's the WEG that I learned... I just need to bookmark certain sections like you did Rathe... it'll make quick checks in game faster Smile Embarassed

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: