The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ryyk Blades
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Ryyk Blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Ryyk Blades Reply with quote

any one done any thing with these? I wanted my wook character to have them Smile

also, there was posted a thing about martail arts? with all these diferent things, like blind fighting and such, is there any thing like that for sword fighting?

It would be cool to have a fencer 8)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, there are no weapon martial arts styles or techniques. I have a homebrew list of techniques that were intended for a lightsaber, but they could be easily adapted into another weapon.

I would make the character create a fencing/swordfighting specialization, making them pick one weapon they wished to train with. I say that they should have to pick a weapon becuase if you've ever seen a foil fencer try to fight with a broadsword, they usually get the crap kicked out of them.

Here's a snippet of my Lightsaber Dueling specialization that you can adapt. The formatting may be a bit messy becuase this forum can't hand'e tables.

General Usage
Lightsaber dueling is a specialization of the lightsaber skill. Like other specializations, the lightsaber dueling specialization dice do not start at the base skill dice level, but at the attribute level. The Jedi must advance the lightsaber skill and lightsaber dueling specialization separately. The specialization’s function is limited to lightsaber vs. lightsaber fighting. It cannot be used against opponents with any other weapon.
Example:
Jedi Knight Gori Nar has a lightsaber skill of 6D+2 and a lightsaber dueling specialization of 8D. If she wishes to attack or defend against a battle droid, she must use her lightsaber skill of 6D+2, because she is not engaged in a lightsaber duel with her opponent.

Techniques
For every 1D that the Jedi advances the lightsaber dueling specialization, he/she may learn one of the following techniques.

Technique Difficulty Effect

Advance Moderate The Jedi makes as series of attacks, that even if parried, lets the Jedi advance on the defender. The defender moves backward 2m. per round in the direction of the Jedi’s choosing.

Push Easy When the Jedi parries an attack, he/she makes a free strength roll (against the attacker’s strength) to use his/her lightsaber to push the attacker backwards and onto the ground. Standing back up is an action.

Quick Strike Moderate The Jedi makes an attack at +2D to sense (to hit), but at -4D (for damage purposes) for that action. An opposed lightsaber dueling roll cannot negate this technique.

Heavy Strike Difficult The Jedi makes an attack at -4D sense (to hit), but at +5D control (for damage purposes) for that action. An opposed lightsaber dueling roll cannot negate this technique.

Feint Difficult This maneuver is meant to “fake out” an opponent by deceptive body language. Adds +3D to sense (to hit) for that action.

Disarm Very Difficult When attacking or defending the Jedi maneuvers his/her lightsaber to send the opponent’s lightsaber flying! If this is made on an attack, all of the Jedi’s attention is given to disarming, and so he/she may not hit for damage. Recovering a disarmed lightsaber counts as an action for that round. If the disarming was a final action for that round, the defender must make an initiative roll to regain the lightsaber before the opponent attacks.

Defensive Stance Easy +2; Moderate 1D+1; Difficult 2D; Very Difficult 2D+1; Heroic 3D A Jedi can add appropriate bonuses to sense in order to parry an attacker’s strikes. No offensive actions may be made that round. An opposed lightsaber dueling roll cannot negate this technique.

Brawl Very Difficult When attacking or defending, a Jedi May make a free brawling or brawling parry roll against his/her opponent.

Calculating Technique Success
To determine if a Jedi is able to perform a given technique, roll the lightsaber dueling specialization dice only. (If the Jedi has activated the Lightsaber Combat and Combat Sense force powers, those dice values will be added later.) If the Jedi meets the base difficulty, then the effect is performed. The Jedi does not necessarily need to land a hit in order to use the effect. Techniques such as Advance assume that the attacks will be parried.

Example:
Jedi Gori Nar rolls her 8D of lightsaber dueling to attempt to Advance on Sith Apprentice Darth Arius, and rolls a 31. The technique is successful. She then adds her 5D Sense dice (as designated by the Lightsaber Combat Force power) and rolls a 20 (a total of 51). Darth Arius wishes to defend and rolls his 7D+2 and achieves a 30. Then he rolls his 6D Sense for Lightsaber Combat and rolls a 24 (a total of 54). Darth Arius successfully defends the strike, but Gori Nar advances 2 meters on Darth Arius’ position as Arius steps back.

The Jedi may use his/her lightsaber dueling specialization to attack an opponent (instead of using his/her lightsaber skill) without employing any specific technique.

Opposed Rolls
Lightsaber dueling can also be used as an opposed roll to prevent an opponent’s lightsaber dueling technique’s effect from being used. You must have the lightsaber dueling specialization in order to counter a technique’s effect.
Example 1:
Jedi Gori Nar makes an attempt to disarm Sith Apprentice, Darth Arius. Gori Nar rolls her 8D of lightsaber dueling (a total of 29), but Darth Arius rolls his lightsaber dueling of 7D+2 (a total of 31). Gori fails at her attempt to disarm Darth Arius.
Example 2:
Gori Nar is now facing Darth Sabelleus, who has no lightsaber dueling specialization. Gori’s effects will always succeed so long as she meets the base difficulty. Darth Sabelleus’s lightsaber skill cannot be rolled to oppose Gori’s lightsaber dueling specialization.
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, now all I need is the stats for the ryyk blade... Wink

Edit: And dont mistake me for some one who doesnt know what fenceing really is, buuut if you look at pictures, the ryyk blade isnt that big to a wok, its not a foil... but still
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that normaly exists, but you could make house rules for it. Also I always describe what I do when I attack.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=57625600aa73d64efbba618467f3bff9&id=254 for Homebrewed stats.
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen those before (I commented on them in a previous thread), I they just seem too good! I mean with a wookie that would be 10D damage! I'd just have them str+1D+2 no maximum.
Listen to the madman!'
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh Ur... I just liked 'em, didn't write 'em.

With ya on that one, however... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpowered.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... with a STR+4D, couldn't a decent wookie take out a Speeder with one of those blades? Perhaps even a AT-ST if s/he had a lucky roll and used a Force point.
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even need a force point to do that with a good hit, I've seen a wookie in berzerker rage take down an AT-ST in 1 round by brawling.
Listen to the madman!'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: