The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Rebel Uprisings] Flashback - Zerran's Encounter with Toba -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview -> [Rebel Uprisings] Flashback - Zerran's Encounter with Toba - Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I could ask this same thing to Khabak regarding Stormtroopers, and he would answer with all honesty that he would never do anything to harm a sentient being. And yet a second later on a simple command he would mow down a whole squadron. No, imitation-love is NOT enough."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal lays a hand on Zerran's shoulder. "As you can see, Toba here has no love for droids of any kind. Sure, he'll use their services when necessary, but he does not trust them. I've found it's better not to try to reason him away from that position." He cracks a half-smile. "He feels very deeply about a number of things; this just happens to be one of them. I'm sure you've encountered anti-droid prejudice before, but I'd be willing to bet you haven't met with any like Toba.

"All that aside, he is a very loyal and very astute member of the crew. I wouldn't trade him for anything."
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning to Cal:

"Yeah well. But if I may ask, why have you been walking around lately with this thing following you like an electronic shadow all the time? What do you need a security droid here aboard the Peregrine?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't know why he was assigned to us. However, he said he used to belong to a Jedi Master, and can teach Bandon and I a lot of things-including how to mask our presence in the Force so Vader can't detect us every time we use it."
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toba stares at Cal and Zerran in stunned silence, eyes bulging.

After a while Cal says:

"A..."

Toba explodes:

"WHAT??!!! Wha... wha... WHAT?!!"

Toba tries to compose himself, fails miserably, reaches for a power calibrator and waves it at the duo's direction.

"This is a Jedi killer droid?! And you're taking lessons from it? Are you NUTS?! You're taking Jedi lessons from a killer droid??!! And Bandon as well?! Wha... you... Does the captain know of all this? He can't possibly approve!"
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: you HAD to bring that up.

"I am no Jedi, a droid cannot access the force. I just have knowledge of my previous masters teachings, so I am passing them on. It is a good idea for these jedi to lean how to hide themselves in the Force, so the agents of the Empire cannot find them, and in tern, you." He says trying to disarm Toba's hostile actions.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal's jaw drops. Sure, Toba hastes droids. That much is obvious. But to have a problem with this?

"This is a good thing, Toba! This is something that will let me continue to learn to use my abilities without putting everyone around me at risk!!! How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?!?!"
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's. A. Freaking. Droid!! It said it itself that it's unable to access the Force, how can it possibly teach you anything about it?! It would be like learning to fine-tune a hyperdrive from a clumsy trandoshan who used to hang out with a decent mechanic! Half-assed teaching is worse than no teaching at all!"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal's face is getting a little red. This is the first teacher he's had since his Master was killed, and he's definitely not about to let some Utai space him...

"He said he belonged to a Jedi Master!!! That he WATCHED this Master teaching students how to do this!!! He can walk me through it, for crying out loud! I already KNOW how to access the Force. He's gonna tell me what I should be reaching for, the effects I need to achieve, and I will feel my way to them!

"Oh, why am I explaining this to YOU?! You don't know what the Force feels like! You don't know what it's like, trying to use this incredible gift to help others, only to have people trying to KILL you for it!!!"
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerran places a hand on Cal's shoulder and says "You must keep your emotions in check young padawan. The only way to come to the solution of a problem is with a clear head." He then turns to Toba and says "It is more like learning now to fix a ship from an instruction manual. someone who knew what they were doing wrote down instructions, and you follow them learning as you go. It is not as good as a teacher, but will allow you to learn."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
"Oh, why am I explaining this to YOU?! You don't know what the Force feels like! You don't know what it's like, trying to use this incredible gift to help others, only to have people trying to KILL you for it!!!"

"Well, neither does HE! It!... This THING! And even if it COULD teach you what you want, how can you trust its intentions? It's a killer droid, and you don't know anything from its past other than what it TOLD you. If you ask me, it looks a lot more like that Darth dude than any Jedi Master I've ever seen!"

When Zerran speaks to him Toba listens, and doesn't know quite how to answer, so he ignores him with an annoyed face. Damn, this droid is good with words! He almost makes it make SENSE... But no, this whole thing is rotten, and Toba can't allow this droid invasion to go on...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My emotions are just fine," Cal says loudly. "I'm alllowed to be frustrated by closed-mindedness. What he does to droids is no better than people thinking HE'S inferior because he's SHORT!!!

"Who ever said he was created to look LIKE a Jedi Master?!? He said he BELONGED to one! But he knows more about what it feels like that YOU do! HE at least WATCHED and LEARNED. You just think all droids and Jedi are evil, and that's that. How long is it gonna be before you go to Qassar and insist that I get spaced along with Zerran?!"
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerran looks directly into Cal's eyes and says "A Jedi must ALWAYS be tolerant of another's opinions. You must never force your beliefs onto another, you must rationalize with them, letting them see your perspective, and make their own choice." He then looks over at Toba and says "If master Toba chooses to hate me after he has heard my point of view, then I will respect that decision. I only ask he allow me to be around, to do what I am programmed and protect this crew."

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yeah, sure. I'll bet the Jedi were REAL tolerant of the Emperor's opinions. Weren't they!? Master Kinadra didn't just stand there and say, 'Sure, gun me down.' No. He drew his lightsaber and took the fight to them. He took a lot of 'em out before they...before they finally..."

He spins on his heel and runs out of the lounge. Running through the ship, he heads to a cargo bay. Checking for atmosphere and proper pressure he enters, looking around to make sure he's got enough room to move. Locking the cargo bay from inside he moves out to the center of the space.

Cracking his neck, then his knuckles, he draws his lightsabers, ignites them both, and begins working himself through a series of katas to calm himself down. He remembers all the movements, and moves through them well enough; however, his movements are a bit more choppy, more...vicious...than they normally are when he's working out with his lightsabers.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
"Who ever said he was created to look LIKE a Jedi Master?!? He said he BELONGED to one! But he knows more about what it feels like that YOU do! HE at least WATCHED and LEARNED. You just think all droids and Jedi are evil, and that's that. How long is it gonna be before you go to Qassar and insist that I get spaced along with Zerran?!"

"Not long, if you keep on shouting at me in my own cabin. And I don't think all droids and Jedi are evil, I just don't trust them! And what with your secrets, Khabak's double personality, Bandon's evil sabers and Max's mind-controlling powers, I don't think I'm too wrong in that!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: