The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

About Dark Troopers ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> About Dark Troopers ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: About Dark Troopers ? Reply with quote

Does anyone have the stats and abilities (if any) of the Dark Troopers? 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phase 1 Darktrooper:
http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=40442cdb9db145214efd7e749b601d71&id=1074

Phase 2 Darktrooper:
http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=40442cdb9db145214efd7e749b601d71&id=1075

Phase 3 Darktrooper:
http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=40442cdb9db145214efd7e749b601d71&id=1076

Alternate Stats for all three are here:
http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/rebellion.html

I'm more inclined to believe The Rebellion, than the other conversions myself... But whatever floats your Canoe, eh?
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ray those are wicked, but I am a little disappointed, at 3 or 3.5 meters tall, they would kind of be hard to pass off as stormtroopers in armor, thats too bad Twisted Evil 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormtrooper Wookiee Corp? Nah, that wouldn't work...

Well, you could take a hint from the Phase 3 Darktrooper, and just say that it looks like Stormtrooper Power Armour that the group has never seen, or even contemplated before! (Wouldn't work for Phase 1, but 2 and 3 are fair game).

Power Armour is great stuff, but *VERY* difficult to maintain. That's why few units use 'em. And almost never En Mass!

My Group's Far Orbit Fleet has a contingent of 120 Marines that are all equipped with Smasher Power Armour... And we require a few techs and droids specifically just for the repair and maintence of those suits.

Makes us leathal if we get into CQB, which happens in Shipboard combat.

All of them are also equipped with Smash & Blast Rifles. High Firepower, short range.

And before you start going, "But those are hard to find!". We comissioned a bloody factory to manufacture them and *ALOT* of spare parts... Paid through the nose for it, but we can afford it.

And we demand top dollar for our services, and have yet to not provide results.

At Alamo base, however, we may meet our Waterloo. Frigin' Battering Ram Juggernaught...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just that someone had said it was"Star Wars's answer to the T-100", and it would have been nice to be able to pass them off as humans or at least a stormtroopers in armor, well I might as well start making myself one anyway Very Happy 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phase 1 Darktrooper was the Star Wars version of the T-100 (The Metal Endoskeleton Troopers for Skynet for those that don't know).

The Phase 2 and 3 Darktroopers look like they might either be Droids, or Power Armour.

Keep them guessing... But as soon as the Jedi goes, "I shall cloud their minds...", and the Darktroopers blast him into a fine mist of ash, then the secret is pretty much out of the bag.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with that is that at 3 meters tall its pretty hard to make anyone believe those are stormtroopers, Oh well i'll just tweak the rule a little and BLAM...Instant Jedi Dust Twisted Evil 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Small Medium at Large! Reply with quote

Darktroopers on parade!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/darktroopers/img/bts_bg.jpg
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstorm wrote:
Thanks Ray those are wicked, but I am a little disappointed, at 3 or 3.5 meters tall, they would kind of be hard to pass off as stormtroopers in armor, thats too bad Twisted Evil 8)

An esoomian can be up to 3.5 metres tall and in the campaign that I'm currently involved in the Empire is trying to create the perfect soldier by using genetic manipulation, drug treatments, conditioning and cybernetic enhancements. It's trying this on a number of species, including esoomians and as essomians are incredibly strong and not legally allowed off their home planet (so most of the galaxy has never even heard of an esoomian) they are turning out to be a really good choice.

It may end up that they simply take the brain out of an esoomian and implant a battledroid's er... brain/computer. This will give you essomian strength with the ability to program other skills into the soldiers... 100% loyal.

These could be the pre-darktroopers or even the newest incarnation of the darktrooper depending on how you view it.

My character (as an esoomian) has a few problems with this...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine why! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: