The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Seeking an Online Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Seeking an Online Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Seeking an Online Game Reply with quote

Hi all Smile

With me finally getting my teeth back into Star Wars, as a GM, it's giving me a hankering to play as well, to let off some of the steam that my players are causing for me.

I'm not really sure how PBP works, so I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for, or a game played in a chat room of some kind.

If any of you are willing to take pity on me, and find room to squeeze me into an online game, I'd be most grateful Very Happy
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These games are started, or about to start, with open recruitement:
.: Spec Forces military campaign (Untold Stories link); GM - K21DuBie, established but recruiting
.: Pre-Rebel campaign; 3BBY; GM - K21DuBie, just began
.: Bounty Hunter campaign; GM - K21DuBie, just began
.: New Jedi Order era campaign; GM - Vong, hasn't started

I'm not sure if the membership of the other games on this site are open or if they're full, you'll have to check the forum sections for each game for info.

I'm planning to run a pre-made module on my forum; I'm just not sure what one yet, as I'm trying not to run one of the ones that K21DuBie wants to run; waiting on a list of the ones he plans to use so I can pick another.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Seeking an Online Game Reply with quote

Karae wrote:
Hi all Smile

With me finally getting my teeth back into Star Wars, as a GM, it's giving me a hankering to play as well, to let off some of the steam that my players are causing for me.

I'm not really sure how PBP works, so I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for, or a game played in a chat room of some kind.

If any of you are willing to take pity on me, and find room to squeeze me into an online game, I'd be most grateful Very Happy
    Very Happy Bloodred Empire is always open for new players as darthhomer09 (we call him "DH" for short) has told me, and we DO need more female players on the pit. Why don't you play a Twi'lek as I see you are into them. Wink

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking an Online Game Reply with quote

Karae wrote:
Hi all Smile

And PbP games are fairly simple; the players post their characters' actions, and the GM posts results. He also posts information and cinematic interludes to keep the action moving. Depending on how often players are online you can have powergaming (where everyone's online at the same time) and accumulate pages and pages of game posts, or you can have people only on, say, once a day or even once or twice a week. The GM will either wait until they have all posts from everyone or will wait a certain time, take into account what non-responsive players were doing before, then post results while NPCing the non-responsive players. If they remain so for too long, they'll be written out, either temporarily or permanently. The main thing to remember in a PbP game is PATIENCE. People just AREN'T gonna be posting as often as you might like, so take that into account before joining a game. Beyond that, enjoy and have a great time! Look forward to seeing you in one of the games (or more!) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: