The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 213, 214, 215  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Death, destruction, loss of freedom. You'd almost think Palpatine had returned again," Garolf says without looking up. "Hmmm, didn't I read a report that Master Skywalker was poisoned just before it started."

He then sets aside the datapad and looks up at Jo. "Sorry, working on a datafile on the Battle of New Alderaan during Operation Shadowhand. Or should I call it the Rout at New Alderaan? Hmmm, that might be a good title for it. `The Rout at New Alderaan.' Yes, I like that. Very descriptive for what happened to our people there when Nist's forces attacked.

"As for what's new, don't know really. Haven't bothered to check. Seems more of the same everyday. These Vunnan Tong, or whatever they call themselves, just keep spreading their forces across more star systems. Capturing or killing anyone they encounter. And we can't seem to do anything to stop them."

Garolf angrily takes a bite out of one of his sausages, snarling a little as he chews it. Then he slams his fist down, startling folks close to him with the venting of his anger.

"You gonna have your commission reinstated? I'm certainly considering it, though I'm not sure I want to serve under our current chief of state. Especially not after what he tried pulling on the military back during Thrawn's campaign."

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A captain sits down at the table you were sitting at, and says "Its Yuuzhan Vong, sorry for listening in. The name is Steels. I'm guessing you are the people who are going to be heading to get some survivors. You have my blessing, anything you need, let me know" as he takes a bit of his food.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How about Kyle Katarn," Garolf says to Steel. "Really, we could probably use some high explosives and maybe thermal dets or frag grenades."

(OOC: Does Garolf recgonize Steel?)

Wanted Poster

Last edited by Hellcat on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Probably not, hes with fleet as he is about to say...

"Hmm, I'm with fleet, but I might be able to pull a few favors. I have one to ask of you though. My sitting her was somewhat a personal reason. My son was captured, if you could look for him, I would owe you very much." He says lowering his head "This war has already taken people that I love" with a sad tone. "I know its a long shot but I have to keep hope."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As he hungrily eats his fill, Rownn watches the crowd in the mess, noting the Ubese that flits in and away with its food to eat elsewhere and a number of other unusual beings.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
As he hungrily eats his fill, Rownn watches the crowd in the mess, noting the Ubese that flits in and away with its food to eat elsewhere and a number of other unusual beings.

you sense much unrest coming from the crowd. with the string of defeats you have heard about, its understandable. you feel specific pain coming from a human sitting with another human and a brown furred alien with small snout and large fangs. he has a noticeable white streak coming out of his temple

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
ooc: Probably not, hes with fleet as he is about to say...

"Hmm, I'm with fleet, but I might be able to pull a few favors. I have one to ask of you though. My sitting her was somewhat a personal reason. My son was captured, if you could look for him, I would owe you very much." He says lowering his head "This war has already taken people that I love" with a sad tone. "I know its a long shot but I have to keep hope."

"Lot of people loosing loved ones out there," Garolf says in a non-commital way. What he doesn't say, or even let cross his face, is how sorry he actually feels for this guy. He'd served in the Special Forces for so long, first with the Alliance and then with the New Republic, that he'd built up as best as he could a neutral expression when it came to requests such as Steels'. He didn't like making promises he might not be able to keep. At least not verbally. "Not like anyone should be getting any special treatment cause of who their father is. Especially with these.... What did you call them? Yuuman Vang? Yuuzhan Vong? Uthan Long? Whatever their name it's not like anyone should get special treatment with them around."

He finishes off his sausage then looks down at his plate. He doesn't like this, being askedto rescue some guys son and being so non-commital about it. He proceeds to mumble to his plate.

"If we can I suppose we'll try to get him for you."

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn's attention is pulled by an intense sense of mournful loss and he notices a group of two older humans and a large furry alien. His eating slows as he begins to observe them and their interaction.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
"If we can I suppose we'll try to get him for you."

he lights up a bit and says "I understand, its better knowing then not knowing his fate" taking in his last bite he says "I will see what i can scrounge up for you." as he stands to leave

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Rownn's attention is pulled by an intense sense of mournful loss and he notices a group of two older humans and a large furry alien. His eating slows as he begins to observe them and their interaction.

you are too far away to hear anything, but one of the humans brightens slightly and gets up to leave

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karae wrote:
With that done, she turns her attention to her trusty weapon - the vibrorapier which is housed along one side of her backpack. Not an ideal place for her only weapon, it's true, but she finds that it does stop the blade slapping against her legs as she walks, as well as from trying to trip her.

all seems in good repair.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn's compassionate eyes lower to his plate as he begins to absently poke at his food, the memory of his own losses to fresh in his memory. He looks back up in time to see the bereft man leave the area and releases a sigh.

He stands and picks up his plate and utensils, bringing them to a receptacle. He begins to head out of the mess area, his heart heavy.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Promises," Garolf says as soon as Steels gone. "I shouldn't have said a blasted thing about finding his son, Jo. Gonna let him down if we don't do it.

"Blast! Whats wrong with me? I'll tell you whats wrong, I'm getting old. Oughta find me a pretty shewolf and settle down, maybe have a cub or two."

He then looks around to see if anyone else is looking at them, maybe expecting them to save their loved ones as well. He notices a young Wookiee but quickly looks away.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf notices on the wall chrono that it is 20 minutes until the meeting is scheduled to start.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is another knock on on Tiny's door "Stand up, dont make any sudden movements" as the door opens, with about half a dozen troopers standing outside. "Come with us" the one who brought you food earlier says.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 2 of 215

Jump to: