The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduction Adventures - or How characters meet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Introduction Adventures - or How characters meet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneStar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Introduction Adventures - or How characters meet Reply with quote

I think the first adventure of a group is extremely important since it allows the characters to meet and introduce each other. It also sets the mood of the group and how they (dis)like each other. Of course, this implies you don't use the old trick of the players being sent on a mission together.

So I'd like to hear from your introduction adventures. Meanwhile, here's the one I'm offering my players:

It's called A Journey Cut Short. The background tells the players they were on Tanaab - an agricultural planet and a quite peaceful place if you don't count the nearby pirates bothering the sector. They were there for different reasons, and for different reasons had to run away (or so they think). A Rebel thinks the Empire is aware of his existence; a smuggler ran into the thugs of a crimelord, his creditor, and ran away; etc, etc. They all buy their way in a low-class transporter heading to Nar Shadaa in hope to get away from their pursuers. Once the transporter enters Hyperspace, the players think they are out of trouble (that's when the game starts). After a day, the transporter is intercepted by an imperial light corvette. Stormtroopers board the ship; they are apparently looking for someone in particular and the players are among the suspects. Well, here is a good reason to get to know each other, and cooperate to get out of this mess. In fact, the stormtroopers are looking for someone else, but they might still find out about the players' little secrets since they are being investigated.

I haven't played the adventure yet, but I'll tell what happened once we have.

LoneStar (the scenario guy)
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can simply have them be childhood friends, Thats what I did in my last D&D, well they weren't all friends but all knew each other and some even didn't like each other, I left it up to them to decide if they liked each other or not 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were all rebels individuals who through some choice or another became part of a rebel cell... Once it was realised that we all had some of the skills needed to become a special opps team we were turned into said team.

We were all responsible for our own back story and opinions of each other though
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool idea, LoneStar. I agree that the first meeting is always the most important. Many of our adventures took quite a while to get going just because we couldn't decide how the characters knew each other or how they would meet up. A lot of our adventures started with the players (separately) in a cantina. The GM left it up to us as players to meet/join forces with the other players, sometimes with a little "prodding". Very Happy

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you could have them escape form an Imperial Prison for a start of an adventure. 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually sit down with my players before the game starts, and we just throw around ideas of how the charactors could know each other... but then a cantina is always the classic standby.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the good old cantina, the answer to D&D's Inn or tavern LOL.

No adventure would start right if it didn't start with alchool Very Happy 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: