The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Heroes and Rogues: An Imperial Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Heroes and Rogues: An Imperial Campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Heroes and Rogues: An Imperial Campaign Reply with quote

Would someone mind giving me a rundown on what WEG said in Heroes and Rogues in their rules concerning running an Imperial Campaign? Thanks for your help.
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They talk about playing from the Imperial perspective. In their minds, the Rebels are terrorists, trying to undermine society.

Quote:
A great many Imperial citizens are genuinely convinced that the Empire is an advancement over past political systems.

Quote:
Do not misinterpret this to mean that there is no room for personal heroism within the Empire's institutions. Far from it. Despite the many disadvantages Imperial citizens and soldiers deal with everyday, many competent, caring, and capable persons are genuine heroes. Many do achieve fame, position and power through hard work and their own abilities. Along the way, however, many have a change of heart. Many eventually come to doubt whether they are fighting for the right side. Still others begin to question where it will all end. For some, questioning whether the fame, the position, and the power are worth it, after all, is the beginning of true heroism.

Quote:
Running an Imperial campaign poses some problems which Rebel and independent campaigns do not. If you want to run an Imperial military campaign, for example, you must deal with the fact that the Imperial Army and Navy are far more regimented than their Rebel counter-parts. This cuts back on character freedom, since TIE pilots and Army troopers are seldome consulted by their superiors regarding bombing targets and mission objectives. They are told where to go and what to do, and they are expected to do just that.

The military campaign also limits the number of character templates which can be plausibly brought into play. Just how many adventures will involve a TIE pilot, a wealthy doctor, and a COMPNOR SAGroup youth and retain a shred of believability? The obvious answer: precious few. Thankfully, this is not necessarily the case.

There are ways of getting around these problems, and the conventional military campaign is not the only option available.

They list different types of campaigns: military, diplomatic and civilian, with additional info on each.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could run the game with the players belonging to a somewhat independent Anti-Rebellion Unit, that might give the players a little freedom and keep the game under the Imperial flag. 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, Hell.

For we all know, after all, that Alderaan was blown up by a Rebellion Doomsday Device... Being developed there.

It was unfortunate that the Imperial Peacekeeping Platform, the "Death Star", arrived too late to prevent it from happening...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could take credit for it, but that's from one of the missions in Star Wars: Galaxies.

Put me on the floor, however, when I read it.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean that’s not what happened? Laughing Wink
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how my GM ran our Imperial campaign. We were Imperials who believed what we were doing was right. And we hated the Rebels for their terrorist activities... Particularly the destruction of Alderon
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Fire wrote:
You mean that’s not what happened? Laughing Wink

Oh Darn, the Emperor lied to us!? But why ? What could he possibly have to gain? Very Happy

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't vote for him...
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstorm wrote:
You could run the game with the players belonging to a somewhat independent Anti-Rebellion Unit, that might give the players a little freedom and keep the game under the Imperial flag. 8)

How about being from a planetary force? Corellian Security, or a mercinary unit supporting The Empire?
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just to give them a little freedom, some players don't like belonging to units that have to take direct orders. I wouldn't mind playing anything. 8)

Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for him.
But then again I have been know to be temped by the Dark side on far to many an occasion.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: