The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dueling Blades
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Dueling Blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Dueling Blades Reply with quote

I just found this D6 supplement called Dueling Blades. Here's the quote from the author:
Quote:
Years ago I whipped up these alternative dueling rules for the D6 system, though you can easily modify it for any roleplaying game engine. It allows for more results than simply hitting and inflicting damage in hand-to-hand combat. Dueling Blades can work in any game where you want to add some swashbuckling flair to your combat.

Dueling Blades

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Way Cool 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely way cool.
It reminds of some of the variant Lightsabre combat techniques I have seen on the net.
Though I have no idea as to their status as official or not.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were written by a guy who was the Editor for the Adventure Journals.

'At's about about as "Official" as you get for stuff from the 'Net.

Sending linky to my GM, who'll probably ignore it like he does everything else...
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That some good stuff, should add a nice cinamatic flow for some of my newer players.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ver interesting. I've seen a number of different ways to make lightsaber combat more cinematic. Mostly my fellow players and like-minded GMs have simply favored role-playing out the combat after the rolls were made. Most of the optional rules that you find here and there about the net have one major flaw, they slow down game play.

With this being based purely off of numbers above and over another player's roll, that makes things a lot more interesting.
LoneStar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's nothing best in duelling than a good description from the GM instead of extra rules. When I used to be a player, my Jedi character often had to fight a recurrent Sith that didn't like me very much. I remember those scenese are traumatic on how my GM would describe them to me. Instead of implementing rules, he would just come up with some events according to my rolls. For example, if I had slightly succeeded a parry, he would say that I parried my enemy, but the strength of his hit made me lose balance, or that while parrying, I was walking back and was now over the wall. He would put little details like that in a very balanced way, and it would make the duel quite lively, without the use of redundant rules.

LoneStar (think about it)
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Custom rules can be very useful to GMs who sometimes have trouble coming up with dramatic scenes or for unplanned fights. Lately with my jedi campaign I've been very detailed in my descriptions. For one thing, it keeps my players interested in the game, not just when you describe in great detail their enemies, but when you describe what they're doing very cinematically, it really re-vamps their efforts.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
LoneStar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seen this way ^__^

LoneStar (recognizes)
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use those rules with my Jedi lightsaber battles. I think they add the right touch of pre-conceived assistance for the GM, but then I can embellish when and if I wish to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: