The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updating the Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Updating the Rules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunning_kindred wrote:
Well then, thank you Gry Sarth.

I hope something I've put on the internet turns out to be even half as useful to you as your document was to us. Smile

(That seems unlikely however because I really don't think we could have finished this without your file. Wookieepedia is cool and all but searching through all of that takes forever and with your document we at least had some d6 rules for each of the races to start with - even if we did re-think a lot of them).

Thanks.

You're most welcome. I'm glad my work is helping other people create even more fanwork. Reading some of the feedback on your new rules, it grabbed my interest. I'll give it a read to see what I could use. The Force rules sound specially interesting.

Thanks for the compliments.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone again. As requested in this thread (though it remains to be seen if anyone is interested Smile I have put a forum on my website. A place where anyone interested can discuss the rules, make suggestions or just chat. I'm very new at this and its quite rough but I hope someone will visit if for no other reason than to let me know I set it up properly and that its working.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, what's your website?
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://derriphan.110mb.com
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Just added it to my faves. I'll have to check it out later, but know that I will.
Mogul76
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello everyone again. As requested in this thread (though it remains to be seen if anyone is interested I have put a forum on my website. A place where anyone interested can discuss the rules, make suggestions or just chat. I'm very new at this and its quite rough but I hope someone will visit if for no other reason than to let me know I set it up properly and that its working.

Cool! Once I return from my holiday, I will start posting. I'm currently working on some new house rules myself. They won't nearly be as detailed as yours but introduce new concepts you haven't touched upon so far. To give you a hint: What would Star Wars and the Dark Side be without the temptation resulting from passions / emotions like hatred, desire, fear, anger and... love... ? Wink

/edit Here's a short summary of my Passion rules (... sorry I couldn't resist the temptation):

There are 5 types of Passions: Anger, Fear, Hatred, Desire and Love. Characters can start the game with up to 2 Passions wıth a maximum value of 3 points. For Passions such as Hatred, Desire and Love an object that triggers the emotion must be defined. This is not necessarily the case for Anger and Fear. Examples: Hatred: Tusken Raiders, Desire: richness and Love: husband. If a character is confronted with a situation that may trigger an irrational reaction he can either chose to resist the temptation by making a Willpower or Peace of Mind (... a new Knowledge skill available to Jedis in my future campaigns) roll against the number of Passion Points (1D per point) or voluntarily succumb to the temptation. If the Passion is triggered the character's actions are somewhat controlled by the gamemaster. Example: A character who failed his Hatred: Tusken Raiders roll (difficulty: 4D) may not be allowed to flee from combat (... unless succeeding a second Willpower roll). The gamemaster may even demand that he spends a Force Point while fighting his foes (... hello Dark Side Twisted Evil ). In return the character gets a bonus of 1D+1 (i.e. his Passion score in pips) to all combat related rolls during the entire scene.
2nd example: A character has 3 Points in Fear: combat. When he succombs to his fear he receives a bonus to all rolls related to him getting out of the combat situation... No other bonuses are awarded...
Passions can change over time. If a character loves his mother and she gets killed by Tusken Raiders his Love: mother Pasion may very well be changed into Hatred: Tusken Raiders...
One cannot spend CP's to increase or decrease the number of Passion Points. These values can only change through roleplaying.
Last but not least I must add that Passions are extreme emotions.
Even though most rebels would probably claim to hate the Empire or Stormtroopers their hate does not blind them. It is unlikely that (all) rebel operatives have a Hatred: Stormtroopers Passion. If a rebel operative showed signs of deep hatred against a foe so often met he would probably be temporarily put on leave (... as he may put his fellow operatives at risk by for example ignoring the orders of superior officers in order to kill more enemy troops).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: