The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> New Guy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeavyBlaster
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: New Guy Reply with quote

Hey there guys..been reading alot of stuff about the WEG d6 system on the web. I first played 1st edition d6 about 10 years ago and had a great time. Recently I found out WEG lost the SW licence and so reluctantly invested in D20. What a rules heavy 'un-fun' expensive load of rubbish that system is. I mean in the core rule book a doctor (Tech Spec) is a tougher fighter than a 1st level Jedi or Soldier. What finally made me lose all interest in SW D20 was a forum I was reading at Wizards where a GM was complaining that one of his players favourate 'combat move' was to draw in the enemy to melee combat range then drop a thermal detonator at his own feet. The explosion would kill all the low level NPCs but the PC was virtually uninjured. He lost a few 'vitality points'. MADNESS!!! Any way got me a 2nd edition and 2nd edition revised coming through the post from an ebay buy. Having been out the loop for some years I was kinda hoping to find some reviews or info on some of the adventures and source material available for the d6 SW. I see loads of stuff on ebay but don't know if its any good - I bought Dark Empire Source book but have no idea when its set or what its all about. Any one know a good SW WEG review site???? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey HeavyBlaster, welcome to the forums! Here's a discussion about some of the WEG books. Hope it helps.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
HeavyBlaster
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long live the Rebellion..!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Heavy Blaster. The Rebellion against the evil Empire grows...
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the glorious Empire, I would like to welcome you to these boards citizen.
Just be sure to watch out for the terrorists and political dissidents that threaten galactic peace, the so-called “Rebellion”.
Wink
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
VermillionStar
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, sir.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: New Guy Reply with quote

HeavyBlaster wrote:
What finally made me lose all interest in SW D20 was a forum I was reading at Wizards where a GM was complaining that one of his players favourate 'combat move' was to draw in the enemy to melee combat range then drop a thermal detonator at his own feet. The explosion would kill all the low level NPCs but the PC was virtually uninjured. He lost a few 'vitality points'. MADNESS!!!

I'd have personally have told the player his PC and all the NPCs within range of the explosion was dead if they tried that on me. Don't care how strong the PC or NPCs may be or how much portection their armor offers, they'd all be toast, especially the PC.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: