The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mag pulse and Advanced Missiles/Torps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mag pulse and Advanced Missiles/Torps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Mag pulse and Advanced Missiles/Torps Reply with quote

Did any of you ever play the old PC game Xwing vs. TIE Fighter? In it they had these things called Mag pulse missiles that were basically ION damage instead of regular. Also they had Advanced versions of the Concussion Missile and Proton Torpedo. I went back and played the game a while ago and decided I would write something up for them. I was wondering if anyone has either seen these items already written up or has made there own stats for them? I'm writting them up now and I'll post them after using them in a gaming senerio, (just to make sure they work right)

I deal with temptation by giving in...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never written 'em up, but saw 'em in Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance. The same game where I got my beautiful YT-2000.

I think they were also in Star Wars: Tie Fighter, but I can't recall exactly right now.

They'd be rare. It's alot easier to make things that go "Boom" and blow stuff up right some good!!!

OK, now my Northern Redneck Roots are showing. Laughing
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking along the same lines. My group is playing in the Star Wars EP 4 time frame and I thought it would be cool if someone had stolen some from a convoy coming from a secret Imperial weapons research area, on their way to Emperor Palpetine. My guys get involved somehow Laughing and adventures aplenty. Laughing Coarse thats just an Idea I was throwing around.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assault Gunboat from Secrets of the Sisar Run have some sort of Ion missiles. I must say that I quite love them. Here are the stats:

1 Ion Torpedo Launcher
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D+1
Space Range: 1/3/7
Atmosphere range: 50-100/300/700
Damage: 7D (ionization)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the deal. If I remember correctly, ion cannons are not effected by starship shields (in the RPG, not the computer game). But the MagPulse weapon relies on umm... a magnetic pulse, an energy weapon correct?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played the full version of X-wing vs. TIE Fighter, but I played with those babies in TIE Fighter. Rather nice when you don't have ion cannons.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i run those mag pulses, is they are 6d damage (ion). As to the heavy bombs, advanced missiles/torps, i asked about them over on the holonet, and got 12d for the bombs, 1/2/3 range, and 1d bonus to the advanced missiles and torps.
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I remember Mag Pulses in XvT, they simply disabled weapons firing. The way I would handle it, then, is that a Mag Pulse reduces all weapon Fire Control codes to 0D, and requires either five rounds of waiting or a Difficult <ship type> repair roll to enable weapons fire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: