The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG new products
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> WEG new products Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: WEG new products Reply with quote

(I hope this is the right place for this, but if I am wrong then perhaps Loc would be so kind to move it to a better location).

Ok, now I have heard that WEG is back in business with new products coming out utilizing the D6 system (a space setting being one of them).
Way cool I think.
The reason?
Because this may actually address some of the game mechanics issues that we have be debating, discussing, and just plain tearing our hair out trying to decide on.

My rational is simple, the D6 system was designed specifically for Star Wars, now though they lost the contract to produce SW material, they still do own the rights to the system over all. Now we may never get official SW clarifications for some things (like 2 blasters, full auto-fire, etc.), but if they were addressed in these new books then we would have the closest thing to an official revision or clarification on these issues.

Any thoughts?
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where'd you find out that WEG was back in business? I want to see!

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, originally I heard it from Ray…. you da mang…uh, mang!
Then I checked it out online here…
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/4509.html

Like I said before, it won’t be SW, but at least its something.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it in "Knights of the Dinner Table".

See, another good reason to read KoDT Exclamation
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea Son.

West End Games official site

They also have a cool "How the Game Works" pdf file that has a brief overview of the system.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Loc. Smile
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visit their website from time to time, but I haven't seen anything that would help me as of yet.

I wait for the day though... Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard on one of the other forums that I frequent that WEG is currently producig a book about starship creation for D6 rules. Basically it will cover the customization of a space vessel. We're all wondering how compatable it will be for those of us who are still using 2nd ed. R&E.
VermillionStar
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, even if it doesn't have exactly the same SW mechanics, that they understand what their bread and butter was before and would make it in many ways similar to SW. Conversion from this new D6 system to the SW system (or vice versa) should be relatively easy... IMHO
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly VS, so I should think that if it addresses some of the question that we have put forth here it might very well settle a lot of issues.
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever checked out the metabarons game WEG released or licenced or whatever a few years ago? I've heard it described as a 3rd edition Star Wars, just in a different universe environment.

I picked up the core rulebook and a lot of it is copied word for word from previous star wars rules, just with the appropriate names and places altered.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the new D6 Adventures book released by WEG. It has new rules for lots of stuff, taking damage especially caught my eye. Body points, not to be confused with hitpoints. As your body points decrease, your status falls along the damage chart. for example. 33 bp, 30-25 stun, 24-19 wounded, 18-13 seriously wounded(wounded twice), 8-3 incapacitated, etc stuff like that. My numbers are off, but you get the picture. It offers two variant special powers, psychic and magic. If, and I stress, If I buy this book I will share more. In the meantime, I see nothing I am willing to adapt to Star Wars so it is doubtful.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually run a few D6 adventure games, very interesting, and with some of the special traits and such, you can pretty much run any kind of game you can think of. I definately like the new form of character building using creation points, it makes for some very original characters. Humans now can have their attributes at 1-5 d, physical damage has been balanced out a little more, it's now only half your Physique (Strength) or lifting skill which ever his higher, rounded up. And melee weapons add a little extra onto the damage to make up for the lowered physical damage. The body point system is interesting, because now when you hit certain levels of body points, you attain certain wound levels. But they have rules listed for 3 types of damage taking. 1. Is the classic wound levels for each bit of damage taken, 0-3 stunned blah blah blah. 2. You calculate your body points at character creation, by rolling your physique and adding 20 for your body point total (wild die applies) then you calculate wound levels by a percentage of remaining body points. So differing from the classic HP style that you actually get dazed and whatnot from getting wounded. 3. Body points are calculated the same as before, but you don't get wound levels for each. All 3 are GM's preference, I personally have been using method 2 for my games, and I find it works out pretty well. Oh, and soak is treated the same as before, the difference in damage is subtracted off of the body points with methods 2 and 3. The game has much potential, my friends and I were going to try out a kind of occulted up game, and see how that pans out. So, I'll let you know Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Crell Damar on Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you have any questions about the new D6 adventure's book, don't hesitate to ask, I'll get back and answer as quickly as possible.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell Damar wrote:
I've actually run a few D6 adventure games, very interesting, and with some of the special traits and such, you can pretty much run any kind of game you can think of. I definately like the new form of character building using creation points, it makes for some very original characters. Humans now can have their attributes at 1-5 d, physical damage has been balanced out a little more, it's now only half your Physique (Strength) or lifting skill which ever his higher, rounded up. And melee weapons add a little extra onto the damage to make up for the lowered physical damage. The body point system is interesting, because now when you hit certain levels of body points, you attain certain wound levels. But they have rules listed for 3 types of damage taking. 1. Is the classic wound levels for each bit of damage taken, 0-3 stunned blah blah blah. 2. You calculate your body points at character creation, by rolling your physique and adding 20 for your body point total (wild die applies) then you calculate wound levels by a percentage of remaining body points. So differing from the classic HP style that you actually get dazed and whatnot from getting wounded. 3. Body points are calculated the same as before, but you don't get wound levels for each. All 3 are GM's preference, I personally have been using method 2 for my games, and I find it works out pretty well. Oh, and soak is treated the same as before, the difference in damage is subtracted off of the body points with methods 2 and 3. The game has much potential, my friends and I were going to try out a kind of occulted up game, and see how that pans out. So, I'll let you know Smile

Hi, I'm new here. Using methods 2 and 3, how hard is it to deal with NPCs as a GM? i.e. is it hard to guesstimate number of body points or what wound level percentages are? The advantage I've had with Star Wars D6 is that the wound system applies equally to everybody, including droids. No pre-calculations necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: