The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stromtrooper stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Stromtrooper stats Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, with the Blaster buster weapon in Galadiniums, would it be feasable to have a special 'capture' unit of stormies who use BBs to knock the weapons out on their targets?
Cool McCool
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the stats that I use:

DEX 3D
Blasters 5D
(s) Blaster Rifles 6D

STR 3D

Everything else at 2D.

Armour is normal: +1D vs. energy, +2D vs. physical, -1D to all Dex related actions. I also let them use their in-helmet comlink for free Combined Actions from off-screen (their commanders).

Sometimes I give them a vibro-bayonet on their rifles (damage like a vibroknife), and give them 5D Melee Combat.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool McCool wrote:
I also let them use their in-helmet comlink for free Combined Actions from off-screen (their commanders).

Sometimes I give them a vibro-bayonet on their rifles (damage like a vibroknife), and give them 5D Melee Combat.

I like these 2...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, me too. It only makes sense that they should be in constant communication during battle. The PCs are, when possible.
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the stats I've used.

Name: Imperial Stormtrooper
Type: Stormtrooper

Dexterity: 2D
Blaster 4D (Blaster Rifle 5D), brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D

Knowledge: 2D

Mechanical: 2D

Perception: 2D

Strength: 2D
Brawling 3D

Technichal: 2D

Character Points: Varies, typically 0-5
Move: 10
Equipment: Stormtrooper armor (+2D physical, +1D energy, -1D Dexterity and related skills), blaster rifle (5D), blaster pistol (4D)

Encased in protective armor and wielding the most powerful personal weapons available, imperial stormtroopers form the Empire's elite shock troops and are feared throughout the galaxy. Stormtroopers support the two arms of the military - assisting the ground forces and the Imperial fleets - but remains apart and separate from these organizations.
Imperial command assigns stormtroopers wherever they are needed to crush resistance and neutralize opposition to the will of the Emperor. They are totally loyal and cannot be bribed, seduced or blackmailed into betraying the New Order. They live in a totally disciplined militaristic world where obedience is paramount and the will of the Emperor is unquestioned.
Where the men who wear the armor of the stormtroopers are recruited from is unknown, just another part of the mystery that adds to the aura of fear and secrecy that surrounds these soldiers.
Some say the stormtroopers were created to provide the emperor with an obedient force that was loyal to no one save him. Others note that these specialized warriors were designed to provide adequate protection to the varied worlds of the Galactic Empire with little preparation time. Whether one or both of these are true, it remains that the stormtroopers fit the doctrine of rule through fear very well indeed.
In addition to the core stormtrooper forces (which some reports indicate is greater than the number of regular Army and Naval forces combined), a number of elite divisions have been established to move into a specialized environment at a moment's notice. These units are equipped with particularly designed armor, weapons, and gear created for use in specific environments.
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats from 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded are:

Typical Imperial Stormtrooper All stats are 2D except: blaster 4D, brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D, brawling 3D. Move: 10. Stormtrooper armor (+2D physical, +1D energy, -1D Dexterity), blaster rifle (5D), blaster pistol (4D)

Which... yeah, those are rather pitiful. I mean, come on they're supposed to be the elite shock troops and the Imperial Army Troopers listed right below them are more bad @$$.

Those are the same stats that are listed in the SpecForce Handbook (Rules of Engagement). But they go on to say that Stormtroopers are used to wearing their armor and don't suffer the -1D to dexterity and that their armor gives them a +2D bonus to hit targets moving more than 10 meters per round with a ranged attack. Personally I think uping their baster or giving them a specialization is not a bad call at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knock off the Dex penalty and assume the stats are for green Storm Troopers. I use Imperial Army troops a lot, and sometimes I throw in a couple of Imperial Army Sharpshooters to mix it up a little.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to just swap the stats for the Army troopers with the Stormtroopers.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I need fodder, they get the above stats. When they're really in a pinch they usually get soem of the weak ones with a smattering of squad leaders whose abilities are higher.

If all else fails... I send in a Tetragrammaton Cleric. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: