The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Secrets of the Sisar run
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Secrets of the Sisar run
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Secrets of the Sisar run Reply with quote

Has anyone ran this campaign before? I currently am and wanted to share knowledge.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I've had a character go through it before but the perspective was quite different from the norm.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to in the future, but I only just ordered it, and I have a long HARP campaign that just started before we get back into Star Wars.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran it years ago. Any questions or concerns?
TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this supplement mainly for source material on planets in or near Hutt Space, especially Sriluur.

I have yet to run it as a campaign.
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran it too some years ago. It was quite a nice campaign and my players learning they were now involved with the biggest criminal organisation in the galaxy could hardly believe it.
Best way I've found to run the campaign is really to have them run a lot of adventures in the Peripherie and slowly get into the Barani problem. Then even throw a couple adventures in between the main three episodes. I've tried to create stong connection between the players and the NPC.
They only learn of their apartenance to the Black Sun Syndicate at the end so it opens a lot of option after.
When their loyalty between the Rebel Alliance and the Black Sun Syndicate was put to test, they fleed the sector, only because of the ruthlesss reputation of the Syndicate some character knew about.

Wink A memorable game was the Shockball game between the Diagonas and the Rancors my player got involved in.
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually running a full campaign with smugglers pcs. I got them established with Mal Biron through the intro adventure and now they are working for him. I am trying to find out if any of you that have run the mini campaign had any adventures or ideas to share that you created. I want to run a few more small sessions before I start the 3 part adventure.

Thanks for the help
TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savaad wrote:
I am actually running a full campaign with smugglers pcs. I got them established with Mal Biron through the intro adventure and now they are working for him. I am trying to find out if any of you that have run the mini campaign had any adventures or ideas to share that you created. I want to run a few more small sessions before I start the 3 part adventure.

Thanks for the help

Sounds like a good start.

I personally like to use the published material more as inspiration as PCs have access to them and can sometimes get a hold of GM info.
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The campaign is going very well. I just pass time in between adventures and tell them that they do some regular smuggling runs and stuff like that and basically break even. The campaign has alot of potential if the GM puts the effort into it. I am getting ready to run the adventure in the campaign book where the pcs have to try and rig the shockball game.
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
I personally like to use the published material more as inspiration as PCs have access to them and can sometimes get a hold of GM info.

One of the great things about D6 WEG books is their rarity. Hardly any players I know would go to the trouble and expence to find one of those old books.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder why the game died out with so many fans that the books cost a huttload even a decade after they went under...
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott2978 wrote:

One of the great things about D6 WEG books is their rarity. Hardly any players I know would go to the trouble and expence to find one of those old books.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder why the game died out with so many fans that the books cost a huttload even a decade after they went under...

It depends. I've recently acquired a nearly complete collection of D6 Star Wars books, including all 15 Adventure Journals, all 12 Galaxy Guides, all hardcover sourcebooks, and quite a few of the harder to find books, and for the majority of them I paid well under the original cover price. I acquired most of them through eBay. As long as you hunt around, you can usually find decent deals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: