The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TIE Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> TIE Hunter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it go faster in space with the S-foils closed? I can understand faster in atmosphere, but why space?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Thanks for t help, guys.

So, we're settled that it's a somewhat fragile fighter, right? So it's either no shields and 3D Hull, or 1D Shields and some 2D+2 Hull.

I'd probably say the latter until we know for certain whether or not it has shields. Most of the more advanced TIE model's that I'm familar with (TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, TIE Avenger) all had shields. Looking at the TIE Phantom, it had shields too. This one seems to be in that niche, so I'd say until we know for certain go with what you said. Shields 1D, hull 2D+2.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
Why does it go faster in space with the S-foils closed? I can understand faster in atmosphere, but why space?

My guess would be that when the S-foils are opened, energy is automatically sent to the weapons, which can't be fired when they're closed, so that energy is then automatically sent to the engines.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the particle shields wouldn't have as wide an area to have to protect, which would allow it to increase power as well.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Matthias777 wrote:

My guess would be that when the S-foils are opened, energy is automatically sent to the weapons, which can't be fired when they're closed, so that energy is then automatically sent to the engines.

That would have been my guess. Ray's is also reasonable, and easily combined with this one.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Matthias777 wrote:

took the words out of my mouth

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i came up with in my TIE Fighter book: Heres the link

http://vong.unbrokenfellowship.com/fanmade/Guide_to_TIE_Fighters_v_2.0.pdf

Name: Tie Hunter
Type: Sienar Fleet Systems Tie/ht Hunter
Starfighter Scale: Starfighter
Length: 6.9 Meters
Skill: Starfighter Piloting - TIE
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Starfighter Piloting 5D+1, Starship Gunnery 5D
Consumables: 2 Days
Cargo Capacity: 35 Kg
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: No Nav Computer: Stores 4 Jumps
Space: 10 (Wings Open), 12 (Wings Closed) * Atmosphere: 415;1200kmh Maneuverability: 3D
Hull: 1D
Shields: 2D
Sensors: Passive: 25/1D Scan: 40/2D Search: 60/3D Focus: 4/3D+2 Weapons: * 2 Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 2D
Space: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5km
Damage: 5D
Twin Ion Cannons (Fire Linked)
Fire Control: 3D Space: 1-3/7/36
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/700/3.6km
Damage: 4D
Proton Torpedo Launcher (12 Torpedo Magazine)
Fire Control: 3D+2
Space: 1/3/7
Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700m
Damage: 9D

* : The Tie Hunter has x foils similar to the X-Wing starfighter, allowing it a higher speed when the wings are closed and the weapons deactivated.
Description: This experimental TIE never saw much combat in the Galactic Civil War. The craft was produced in limited quantities and performed relatively well, but was pulled from the lines, due to the Empire's arrogance against using a weapon improved with the enemy's designs. Commissioned by the Empire's elite Storm Commando Corp, the TIE Hunter is an experimental fighter that sacrifices armor and firepower for flight speed. It is equipped with twin laser cannons, a proton torpedo launcher, and twin ion cannons. The design of this new craft integrates the folding s-foil design of an X-wing into the form of a TIE interceptor. However, the high speed closed wing configuration reduces the solar panel surface area so dramatically that no weapons can be fired while the wings are in a closed position. All available energy

More shields less hull!!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly similar with my own stats in most aspects. Though I don't agree on the points where we diferr. A ship with a x2 hyperdrive and only 2 days of consumables is essentially a death trap. And 1D Hull is ludicrous, how can it possibly be punnier than a TIE Fighter? I can accept as low as 2D Hull, but that's already pushing it.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
A ship with a x2 hyperdrive and only 2 days of consumables is essentially a death trap.

It's a Tie Fighter. I thought this went without saying?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Gry Sarth wrote:
A ship with a x2 hyperdrive and only 2 days of consumables is essentially a death trap.

It's a Tie Fighter. I thought this went without saying?

Yes, but more so then usual. its like having fluffly on your ship, but piloting from his lap vs having him roam around while you pilot

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats are not my own but from FreddyB's website http://www.rpggamer.org/ or the direct link here: http://www.rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d6tiehunter.html

Although I agree that the hull and shields are weak and that a 2d+2 hull and 1d shields would be better!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: