The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Questions about Ebay Listings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Questions about Ebay Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ebay Listing Threads
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Questions about Ebay Listings Reply with quote

I've noticed that every once and a while members of the Pit like to list links to Ebay auctions that they have going on or auctions that might interest members of the pit. I'd like to see a thread specifically designated specifically for this purpose... what does everyone else think about this?

i know I'm guilty of posting some of the stuff that I have on Ebay... We could even break it into a couple of categories... Such as Ebay Items for sale by members... and another one for interesting items on ebay (Star Wars related etc.)

Is this a good idea?

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I don't buy anything off of ebay, I think this would be a good idea, just as long as it doesn't breach any legal things, like when we had the pdf sharing thread.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, although I'd really like to know what Loc Taal (The Super Site Admin) or any of the moderators has to say about it! I just don't want to turn it into something thats spammish in nature! But rather something where fellow Star Wars fans can share stuff that their selling with the group!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it's a good idea. I'd much rather know that I was getting a good book from a gamer than some jerk who's overpricing a book and tagging every item with "RARE!!!" Laughing
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, is it alright to post a list of extra books we have for trade/sale for other pit fans? Stuff we would not sell on ebay because we don't believe in gouging? And where would we do so?

Alexis
*smiles*
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably under tools (most of that stuff has other books and such)

what are you selling Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good idea. I'll work on getting a specific section setup for buy/sell/trade. I may set it up so that it's private to registered users, so people who haven't registered can't see it. That may prevent some spam/bot problems. What are everyone's thoughts?

The original RANCOR PIT archive
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loc Taal wrote:
I think this is a good idea. I'll work on getting a specific section setup for buy/sell/trade. I may set it up so that it's private to registered users, so people who haven't registered can't see it. That may prevent some spam/bot problems. What are everyone's thoughts?

That looks like a good idea - but also include a disclaimer Wink (Buyer beware)

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this idea. This is a target audience that you not only CAN sell SW books to, but they are people whom you'd WANT to sell them to: People who will use them and love them just like you did.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, idea I like your thinking!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: