The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Force and fatigue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> The Force and fatigue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogul76
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: The Force and fatigue Reply with quote

While reading the Star Wars comics and novels, I noticed that using the Force can sometimes be very tiring to a Jedi. I’m not sure if this is true for all Force powers, but I know for a fact that practicing Battle Meditation (in most instances) leads to physical exhaustion. Also, in The Empire Strikes Back Luke seems to be pretty worn-out after attempting to lift his X-Wing with the Force. Has anybody developed a house rule to reflect this? Perhaps a GM should ask the Force adept to make one or several stamina, willpower or control (whatever is highest) rolls when using certain Force powers. A failure would result in the Jedi being fatigued, leading to -1D penalties, as described in the rules for stamina. Which Force powers do you believe to be particularly “fatiguing”?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove Fatigue? Razz Razz Razz

hehehe jk
Ineti
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about adding a fatigue element to Force use, but the movies just don't really support it, except in the case of Luke and Yoda lifting the X-Wing out of the swamp.

You could just use the stamina rules as they exist and call for a fatigue roll from time to time as the circumstances call for it. I don't see a need to create a new rule specifically for Force use and fatigue.
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fatigue that Luke was suffering from, is more likely to be related to whatever physical training that Yoda had put him through beforehand.

The screenplay that I have for ESB, has this as the first line of that particular scene -

Quote:
Luke's face is upside-down and showing enormous strain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: