The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Modified B-Frigate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Modified B-Frigate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2E151
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Modified B-Frigate Reply with quote

Curious; you always hear about the heavily modified b-frigate some pirate or Alliance Admiral uses.

Anyone got any interesting variants of the Nebulon b frigate?
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Check this site out Reply with quote

Hey check this site out, lots of great homebrew stats, including lots of Nebulon variants!!

http://www.rpggamer.org/main.php?page=menu.php&type=Starships

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
2E151
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thats an outstanding selection of stats!

Thanks for the lead Doomhead! Very Happy
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Just glade that I could help you...!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically replace the light laser cannons (FC:2D DMG:2D) with Quad Laser Cannons (FC:4D DMG:4D). Simple, yet effective!
I've also seen Ion Cannons in place of the smaller gun (either Medium FC: 2D DMG:3D, or Heavy FC:4D DMG:4D).
More Powerful engines have also been seen (either Space 6 or 8).

The most radical version removed the fighter carrying capacity altogether (similar to the Tector-class Star Destroyer). This one boasted +1D Hull & Shields. The Turbolasers were upgraded to FC:1D DMG:7D, & the Laser Cannons were stripped off TIE/IN Fighters (FC:2D DMG:5D). It also added Concussion Missile Launchers (FC:3D DMG: 9D) as on the Victory-class Star Destroyer (Though this craft had only 20 as opposed to the Star Destroyer's 80). Never got to see it played, alas....but, always in motion is the future! Twisted Evil
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schnarre wrote:
I typically replace the light laser cannons (FC:2D DMG:2D) with Quad Laser Cannons (FC:4D DMG:4D). Simple, yet effective!
I've also seen Ion Cannons in place of the smaller gun (either Medium FC: 2D DMG:3D, or Heavy FC:4D DMG:4D).
More Powerful engines have also been seen (either Space 6 or 8).

The most radical version removed the fighter carrying capacity altogether (similar to the Tector-class Star Destroyer). This one boasted +1D Hull & Shields. The Turbolasers were upgraded to FC:1D DMG:7D, & the Laser Cannons were stripped off TIE/IN Fighters (FC:2D DMG:5D). It also added Concussion Missile Launchers (FC:3D DMG: 9D) as on the Victory-class Star Destroyer (Though this craft had only 20 as opposed to the Star Destroyer's 80). Never got to see it played, alas....but, always in motion is the future! Twisted Evil

I agree that replacing light laser canon by quadlaser cannons or ion cannons is possible, but I thing its main reactor can not supply heavy turbolaser cannons rated at 7D of damage. I think it's too much for a starship of this size. 5D of capital scale damage should be the maximum. Of course Concussion missile launchers can be added to allow heavy damage output.

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hense is the glory of additional power generation systems, or upgraded primary fusion generator.

The Neb-B was built cheap, mass produced for convoy defence. So, as long as you have the time to replace the generator, you get a lot more juice for bigger guns.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By not carrying starfighters, the vacant docking areas can be sealed off & extra generators & the like installed. The design's increased bulk was a giveaway to the discerning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: