The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Do I give this player a DSP?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Do I give this player a DSP? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Do I give this player a DSP? Reply with quote

One of the PCs IMC has put me in a bind. He has a severe hatred for imperials. They were escaping a Friends of Paran base, during the adventure Operation: Elrood, that was being infiltrated/destroyed by the Empire. During their escape, they had to dodge an imperial assualt on the outside. When they got to these old warehouses, someone starting sniping them.

It was a very cool scenario, but anyway. They had to go inside the building to take this guy out. Yada yada yada, they end up taking the guy down after he almost kills one the other PCs. This guy is an ISB agent and turned this resistance base in. So they had him incapacitated and could have just wasted the guy right. The PC with the hatred for the empire takes the guy and has one of the other PCs to revive him. After reviving the ISB dude, said PC hangs the dude off a 2 story catwalk and goes off on the guy for getting tons of people killed and so forth. And then he drops the guy off of the catwalk to die. The guy hits the factory floor and dies. Said PC is not Force Sensitive.

DOES HE GET A DARKSIDE POINT?

I think yes.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. He deserves a DSP. It was a deliberate act of murder. No matter how much he hates the Empire, there are other alternatives (handing the agent over to the Rebellion).

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he quite deliberately took part in not only murder, but torture; actively increasing suffering.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the responses so far. Thanks guys. Keep'em coming.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not Force Sensitive. As long as he didn't spend a Force Point to do it, I would not give him a DSP. See any of the other threads where I've discussed this issue for my reasoning, I have nothing to add to those debates and no wish to clutter up the thread repeating myself.

For quick reference, some of the threads in question that I could find quickly:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1331
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1323

Last edited by masque on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
He's not Force Sensitive. As long as he didn't spend a Force Point to do it, I would not give him a DSP. See any of the other threads where I've discussed this issue for my reasoning, I have nothing to add to those debates and no wish to clutter up the thread repeating myself.

Yes, according to the letter of the rules this character would not get a darkside point. However many GMs do not run the game this way.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
masque wrote:

Yes, according to the letter of the rules this character would not get a darkside point. However many GMs do not run the game this way.

Since you replied while I was editing, I just wanted to let you know that I added links to the threads in question. I understand some people don't run it that way, but I do, and for more reason than just "the rules say so." To very, very briefly summarize my view, DSPs, to me, are not an alignment system for D6 Star Wars, and I therefore don't use them that way. More in the other threads.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct Masque, in that a FP has to be spent to warrent a DSP for non force sensitives, but as Esoomian pointed out, many GMs will issue a DSP in these circumstances. Page 151 of the R& E does state that the final determination for awarding DSPs is up to the gamermaster. So in the end it is up to Savaad.

Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
You are correct Masque, in that a FP has to be spent to warrent a DSP for non force sensitives, but as Esoomian pointed out, many GMs will issue a DSP in these circumstances. Page 151 of the R& E does state that the final determination for awarding DSPs is up to the gamermaster. So in the end it is up to Savaad.

That's fine. I'm not telling him what to do in his game. He seemed to be asking for opinions, so I gave mine.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised I didn't actually add my two cents.

I wouldn't have given him a darkside point as moral ambiguity and flexibility are one of the advantages of being non force sensitive... at least in my mind.

I see it as someone doing something veiwed as sinful by one religion while not being a part of that religion.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
Orgaloth wrote:

That's fine. I'm not telling him what to do in his game. He seemed to be asking for opinions, so I gave mine.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as telling you that you're wrong. I wanted to point out that you were right rules wise and also what it said in the book. Everyone's opinion is valid, and there are no wrong answers. I guess my wording was off Confused

Du Cass' Dream
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
I just realised I didn't actually add my two cents.

I wouldn't have given him a darkside point as moral ambiguity and flexibility are one of the advantages of being non force sensitive... at least in my mind.

I see it as someone doing something veiwed as sinful by one religion while not being a part of that religion.

Precisely.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as telling you that you're wrong. I wanted to point out that you were right rules wise and also what it said in the book. Everyone's opinion is valid, and there are no wrong answers. I guess my wording was off Confused

Oh, I didn't take offense. I was just clarifying.
Darth Ginzain
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he isn't force sensitive I wouldn't give him a DSP for this. But I'd keep it in mind. If it's a pattern then in the future I'd give him a DSP for a similar thing since he's shown a pattern of unsocialable behaviour.

There's other options to consider as well. Do they work for the Rebelion? Murder isn't really something they're cool with. Especially with an ISB agent that can be debriefed for some good info.

Other party members could also talk to him about it. If other party members are jedi or force sensitives associating with someone that continously murders people may not be cool with them.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if there was a Jedi in that group (or a Force Sensitive), I would give them a DSP if they didn't try to stop that PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: