The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Helmet and gauntlet attachments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Helmet and gauntlet attachments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Helmet and gauntlet attachments Reply with quote

About how many attachments can one typically fit into a helmet and gauntlet and not weigh enough to inhibit movement?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gauntlet I'd say 1-2 systems, at the most. Like Boba who has a rocket launcher and a flame thrower in a single gauntlet. With the helmet I think you can go a little further, since sensor systems are more miniaturized. I'd think you could get the whole shabang without making it overly clumsy (UV, IR, sensor, movement detector, comlink). Just be reasonable and don't put a fricking holonet transceiver in there.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could add a recording rod, a small glow rod, and a holo-camera in a helmet and make a combat reporters helmet. record the action and deflect stray blaster bolts!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just record the look on their faces when they realize just who they're facing. Twisted Evil
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Is that a rancor?"

"I don't know the visor is down."

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(ROFL @ Orgaloth)

Now this wouldn't be so much a part of the helmet, but like Boba Fett you can also have a tube running up underneath to supply water and a nutrient solution. I only mention it because you'd have to allow a bit of space for the tube to be by the mouth, which could interfere with tongue switches if not done right (or if the GM decides to throw in a slight twist on the character's helmet...

Character: I key my comlink and call for backup while straightening my helmet.

GM: You extend your tongue, feel the nub there, and flick it deftly. You are quite surprised, however, by the sudden spray of water directly into your face as you mistakenly activate your water supply nozzle, which was shifted when your helmet turned...

Character: Glub glub! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: