The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
names_are_useless
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K21DUBIE wrote:
names_are_useless wrote:
As for my username, its the username I go by on just about every forum I join. And no, I actually don't think all names are useless, my username comes with a long story Razz

I would love to hear the story behind the username.

Very well.

So I was trying to figure out a username for Warcraft 3's battle.net servers (well actually, this would be my second one, cause my previous one got deleted due to inactivity). Anyways, I tried to think up a good one, and my friend laughed at every one I came up with. They were admittedly very bad. I began to realize how pointless coming up with a good username was for this game (a game in which about only .0001% of the people you meet in battle.net you would talk to after a single game), so I got real frustrated and yelled out "These names are useless!" Lo and behold, my username was born.

Ok it wasn't all that long a story, nor is it all that interesting Laughing

However someone did take the email account "names_are_useless@yahoo.com" and names_are_useless Google searches bring about some results of that username on forums I've never visited. I guess I'm not the only one to come up with it Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fox-Paw
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Intro Reply with quote

Hay all Fox-Paw here,

so new to the forums and thought id say hi.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow D6ers,

I started playing Star Wars D6 over 20 years ago. Even with all the many other RPGs I've played and owned over the years, I feel strongly that nothing beats the WEG's Star Wars RPG. I found this site a few years ago, but more recently started coming here more often and posting. I'm happy to be part of a world-wide community of both the die hard fans and even the more casual ones.

I've been further revising and expanding the 2E R@E game at the same time as planning my next campaign. It was inspired by the Minos Cluster campaign in Tramp Freighters, but takes place in the 2 years leading up to ANH in an original sector of space I have created. The characters will start out as smugglers but as the campaign goes on they will be drawn into several plots of various factions vying for power. The campaign will escalate to epic levels by the end (and lead into the events of ANH).

Anyway, thank you all for your support of this great game over the years. It's great to be here.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, although late, to both of you.

I believe you'll find everyone friendly and helpful here.
The Game Guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am psyched. I finally got my copy of SW D6 R&E and I am excited to look it over and get going.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo! We've converted another one!
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up a couple of days ago and I just thought I would say something on here.
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is said then. Welcome all.
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Gry
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenarchon
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings! I'm a new poster, but a long time reader. Been coming here to read about D6 SW stuff for years.

I guess I should say something quickish (probably not, but you get a cookie if you read it all) about myself as an intro. I'm very into PnP RPGs and I've been playing them a while. My first RPG experience ever was Wizards first D20 Star Wars RPG, which my brother GM'd for me, my other brother, and my dad. So unlike the general consensus this board (seems) to have, I actually enjoy D20 ;D (Especially DnD 4e which I want to DM so bad.) I especially like the new SAGA Star Wars RPG Wizards made, and I got a couple of it's books too.

So why am I here? Well it's certainly not to try and get into an RPG system war. Far from it in fact. See while in a library one day, my brother and I found a section witch had old RPG books. Mostly AD&D ones. We laughed at the idea of King Arthur having AC-4 and then put the book back. And there on the shelf next to it was the WEG SW RPG core book, and the Star Wars Source Book. Both 1st edition.

I was intrigued. I was aware there was a SWRPG other then d20, but I'd never seen it before. I read through the book over the next few days and I was simply... amazed. The system was so simple yet so deep as well, and I loved it. While I love d20, I think WEG may very well have done Star Wars best, even over SAGA. The D6 system just has such a dynamic action oriented feel, without being to bogged down by rules. Perfect IMO for Star Wars.

Anyway that was some years ago. I finally bought my own books for it (first the Second edition core book - which I didn't really like. It was poorly laid out IMO), and then the RE book - which I love. I've only GM'd a few sessions over the course of the years I've owned the books, mostly do to lack of interest on the part of anyone else, but It looks like I'm finally going to have the chance to do a REAL campaign for it soonish, so I'm kind'a hyped.

And that's why I'm here. Cookies for all that made it this far. I will likely have questions on the other forums soon, which will hopefully not be as long. I tend to ramble when I'm hyped.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably find that most the people here grew up playing WEG Star Wars, hence our bias. Some of us see Wizards as having killed AD&D and Star Wars RPG. If we had of started with D20 we would probably be of the same mindset as yourself.

Now where's my cookie?

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I look forward to cookies Wink
Unlike yourself, the first RPG I ever played was WEG Star Wars 2nd Ed. (R&E hadn't been published), which set my standard for RPGs pretty high Razz I was never able to get into (A)D&D 2nd Ed., but did take a shining to 3.x, which was much more sensible... that said, I can't say I like the change to 4e, it feels too mechanical to me (Though there is a project, Pathfinder RPG, that is doing an update to fix the problems with 3.x while maintaining the good parts of it, you should check it out).
While I do enjoy d20, I never really felt like the WotC focus on compclosed interpretation, explicit rules and character balance really reflected the feeling of the Star Wars universe. Character levels and Star Wars... don't jive. Couple that with the lack of freedom in character choices (again due to clas levels) and I just couldn't get into it.

Hey, it's cool that you like d20, no one's going to condemn you for it here, but yeah, we have biases Smile

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughed at King Arthur having a -4 AC?

Shocked

I smell a youngling!!!!

Welcome aboard! Like everyone else said, nothing wrong with liking D20. It's a decent enough system for what it was designed for. I've got the Saga rules, but haven't really looked over them much yet. Don't have time nor reason to at the moment.

I'll pass on the cookies, my belt's too tight as it is!
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inner fat kid is saying go for the cookies!!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenarchon
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed everyone their cookie... *let's that sink in* ...

Also yeah, while I don't exactly MIND the class systems for star wars I do agree that D6's more free and loose skill system does seem to fit the feel better. At least the original trilogy. Honestly I could totally almost point out what class every character in the prequals is, but the prequals character's were kind'a cookie-cutter in some ways so that might be why.

And as for Pathfinder, I already looked it over once and I am rather impressed by what I've read so far. I especially love what they did with the Paladin (my favorite class).

XD And I'm not all that young. I know AD&D, even DM'd a second edition campaign once. Negative Armor Class tho... it still amuses me. It just seems quirky.

Anyway nice to meet everyone. Remember to turn your email spam filters off, or it might not give you your cookie when it comes =D
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 24 of 64

Jump to: