The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Adventure Idea- Kotor Era
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> New Adventure Idea- Kotor Era
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: New Adventure Idea- Kotor Era Reply with quote

Hello all this is my first post...

I am just getting back into the wonderful world of D6 Star Wars Roleplaying. After a long hiatus, I am again taking up the screen to gamemaster a group of unruly gamesters.

We are tackling the Kotor era as this seems to be a time ripe for adventure.

My idea for an introductory adventure is to have the jedi in my group be comissioned to track down the source of a new drug called Glitter. ( also known as Glitterstim though my players don't know that yet).

The jedi wouldn't normally be involved with this but it seems this drug gives you jedi like powers.

Anyways to make a long story short, after going thorough a number of underworld contacts and adventures. They will discover that the Glitter is being produced on Kessel.

This Glitter comes from Spice Spiders (as you probably know) but here's the twist the Spice spiders are a dark side alchemy experiment to try to enhance force powers.

A dark jedi created these spiders to create a material to enhance his force powers, though he was only partially successful.

To continue his experiments he need more capital so he started selling the glitter to the galaxy through a number of different contacts.

I plan on having the dark jedi be a recurring character that the characters occasionally run into. He will be making other animals ( Vornskers Ysalamir and other force related creatures.)

So I would enjoy comments or suggestions to make this adventure really great.

Thanks
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny story about this adventure...

The characters had followed a couple of thugs who worked for a pusher to a restaurant and saw them enter the back door and exit with a about 30 pizza boxes.

They thought alright this restaurant must be the front to a distribution center for the drugs.

They were being all cautious scoping out the perimeter climbing on the roof. When one of the characters said " hey this is a restaurant after all let's just go in and pretend to be customers.

Well imagine there surprise when the restaurant was the SW equivalent of Chuckie Cheese. ( a kiddie theme) It was called Barry Bantha's Happy Fun Time Place.

There was Barry Bantha, Wally Wampa, Myron the Mynock and Sally the Space Slug.

Well one of the characters has the bright Idea to check the land speeders in the back to see if he could see a uniform or costume so he could get in the kitchen.

Well he did all right found a Sally the space slug outfit, got in the kitchen and saw a locked security door but before he could do anything though he had to do a musical number on the stage as Sally.

Anyways the restaurant was a front for a an underground Drug processing center, but it sure sent the players for a loop.
shnar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo, I like the idea of a drug that can grant Jedi powers temporarily. Is Glitterstim canon, or at least in some of the rulebooks? Where can I learn more about it?

-shnar
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, Glitterstim is canon it grants someone the receptive telepathy ability to non force users for 10 rounds I think is the number.

It allows you to read the surface thoughts of another person essentially reading their minds.

It was in the jedi academy sourcebook I think. If a Jedi or force user does not have this skill they earn it for 10 rounds otherwise it has no effect.

I would have to look it up to confirm the number but that's the gist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: