The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mech Fighter - d6 VF-1 Valkyrie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mech Fighter - d6 VF-1 Valkyrie Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In it's humanoid form it will need a strength and dexterity score, the hull rating is a good strength guideline and manuverability +1D would probably suit dex.

The stage 3 dark trooper can act as a power suit, the VF-1 should count as a fighter scale power suit. The lack of independant action or a droid brain dose not mean that droid stats don't represent it's function.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Z-95 VMF (Variable Mode Fighter) is supposed to be a Z95 Headhunter with S Foils.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
In it's humanoid form it will need a strength and dexterity score, the hull rating is a good strength guideline and manuverability +1D would probably suit dex.

The stage 3 dark trooper can act as a power suit, the VF-1 should count as a fighter scale power suit. The lack of independant action or a droid brain dose not mean that droid stats don't represent it's function.

Dexterity and Strength don't really make sense, imo. If you're concerned about things like lifting and the like, use the Mech brawling damage (3D, Starfighter Scale) as it's lifting strength, which is below the compressive threshold of the chassis (4D Hull), preventing undue forces to the craft itself from strain lifting extremely heavy objects. For Dexterity, it relies upon the Mech Piloting skill, with 3D Manoeuvreability as an analog... though I could see reason to reduce it to 1D when running and using the 3D when flying. Basically, treat it as a Walker when in Battloid mode on the ground.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Battleoid mode is inherently more manuverable but slower than the fighter mode, you'v probably all ready thought of this but don't forget that hull code includes partical sheilds in starwars and a standard VF-1 dose not have them.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
The Battleoid mode is inherently more manuverable but slower than the fighter mode, you'v probably all ready thought of this but don't forget that hull code includes partical sheilds in starwars and a standard VF-1 dose not have them.

Yeah, the speed and manoeuvreability differences were accounted for in the stats (though I never did include that the stats are for Fighter/Guardian/Battleoid in that order, sorry)

Ankhanu wrote:

Maneuverability: 1d+2 / 2D / 3D
Space: 10 / 6 / 2
Atmosphere: 4300kmh (1800) / 1078kmh (350) / 96.5kmh (32 - Run)

As for the particle shields, yeah, I know... and this isn't a standard VF-1; it's a Star Wars universe analog to a VF-1. It's a melding of Macross and Star Wars technologies. In making these stats, I wasn't aiming to make a straight up conversion of the VF-1 to Star Wars style d6 stats, I was, rather, aiming for a Star Wars technology scaled version of a VF-1-like ship. If you look at the stats of the VF-1 from the Robotech RPG and what I cobbled together here, you'll see a lot of discrepancies; most of them due to a desire to make the tech fit the setting. One of those discrepancies would be the use of particle shields on the hull Smile

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point, in that case you definitly seem to be on the right track
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: