The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

human replica droids?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> human replica droids?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: human replica droids? Reply with quote

does anyone have any info on human replica droids for the D6 system.... my GM is looking for it and would greatly appreciate any info/stats..... thanks heaps guys
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the stats for Guri. Found in Gry's Droid book.

Guri
Type: Customized Human Replica Droid
DEXTERITY 5D
Blaster 7D, brawling parry 11D, dodge 8D, melee combat
7D, melee parry 7D, thrown weapons 7D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Bureaucracy: Black Sun 7D, business: Black Sun 7D,
business: XTS 7D, intimidation 9D, streetwise 6D,
streetwise: Black Sun 7D, survival 6D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 4D, repulsorlift operation 4D, space transports
5D, starfighter piloting 4D, starship gunnery 4D, starship
shields 4D
PERCEPTION 4D
Command 6D, investigation 7D, search 6D, sneak 7D
STRENGTH 5D
Brawling: martial arts 10D, climbing/jumping 7D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid: Falleen 6D, security 7D
Equipped With:
-Humanoid body
-Highly modified AA-1 Verbo-brain
-Human bio-fibers
-Clone vat-grown skin
Special Abilities:
Human Replica: Human replica droids are designed to pass
for humans in every aspect, including behavior and biology.
A Very Difficult sensors roll is needed to notice “something
odd” about a human replica droid masquerading as a
human.
Move: 15
Size: 1.8 meters tall
Cost: 9 million
Source: Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook (pages 33-35)

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's the "standard" model, which I have just converted from the new Threats of the Galaxy book:

Replica Droid
Type: Custom Human Replica Droid
DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster 4D+2, brawling parry 5D, dodge 5D, melee combat 4D+2, melee parry 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Bureaucracy 3D, business 3D, survival 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 3D, repulsorlift operation 3D, space transports 4D, starfighter piloting 3D, starship gunnery 3D, starship shields 3D
PERCEPTION 2D+1
Search 3D+1
STRENGTH 4D+1
Brawling 5D, climbing/jumping 7D
TECHNICAL 2D
Equipped With:
-Humanoid body
-Highly modified AA-1 Verbo-brain
-Human bio-fibers
-Clone vat-grown skin
Special Abilities:
Human Replica: Human replica droids are designed to pass for humans in every aspect, including behavior and biology. A Very Difficult sensors roll is needed to notice “something odd” about a human replica droid masquerading as a human.
Move: 14
Size: 1.8 meters tall
Cost: 9 million
Source: Threats of the Galaxy (page 152)
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU GUYS ROCK....... :WE ARE NOT WORTHY.... WE ARE NOT WORTHY:
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. No you're not Wink

Have fun with those.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heya guys.... my GM was wondering, with ion damage are the HRD's treated as droids or as organics.... do you use the character creation rules for organics or droids and what is the attribute max, do HRD's level up with character points or do they use skill-wear like droids or both. One last thing since HRD's are largly organic is it posible for one to use the force?

thanks heaps again for any info.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're still droids; Ion damage will disrupt their systems as normal. Even if they're designed to fool you into thinking they're organic, you can't fool ions.

They're not largely organic; they're falsely organic... Use droid rules for character creation and such. Remember, normal droids can learn and add to their programming through experience, they're not wholly dependent upon skillware upgrades to get better. These are no different.

I would rule NO on the Force use.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, they are not "largely organic". Only the skin is real human cloned tissue, all the rest is synthetic reproductions. So I would rule against Force-use as well, and advise on using standard droid character creation and evolution rules.
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am currently looking at playing a HRD and most of my party are force users with abilities like sense life and read mind etc.... i was wondering what a HRD would "appear" as against such abilities.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a droid. their made to fool sensors, not the force. sensors are relatively easy to fool, the force isn't.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggmoridin wrote:
i am currently looking at playing a HRD and most of my party are force users with abilities like sense life and read mind etc.... i was wondering what a HRD would "appear" as against such abilities.

They might appear dimly to their Force powers, simply due to the living skin... but a discerning Jedi will know the difference.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ggmoridin's GM and i have a question. What if a force weilding character where "enteched" i think is the term, and had their mind placed into an HRD would they then have their force abilities and skills as well as the HRD's fantastic physical abilities and ability to upgrade with skillware and traitware.

I know it's unbalancing but im looking for a good over-aching NPC.

Any comments welcome.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a question that I'm sure would generate a lot of debate Smile There are reasons to go to either ruling with this, all based on canon material Razz

One of the first "realistic" arguments against allowing it is, well, where would the brain GO in a HRD? They're not designed with a housing for biological components, let alone with the life support systems that would be needed to maintain the brain as living tissue. Adding something like that to the droid would probably completely destroy the "replica" part of the droid, making it an obvious droid.

Secondly, there's the issue of whether or not the Force would remain with a being that is reduced to just a brain, and whether this small remnant of a biological being would be connected strongly enough with the Force to still wield and sense it. There is precedent for this sort of thing causing a loss of connection to the Force.
On the other hand, there is also precedent that this IS enough to maintain a being in the Force. Heck, there's precedent within official material of Force users fusing their essences into droids without ANY biological parts.
(Specific examples for both cases are eluding me ATM, and I don't have time to look them up; if anyone wants to give the proper references, feel free and it's appreciated)

Of course, how this sort of thing would fit into your campaign is really up to you. Vong plays a Jedi brain in a droid in one of the PbP games here on the Pit, and I think it's going relatively well... Similarly, Essomian was playing a Force user in a Jar style Bo'omar Monk in another game here on the Pit and didn't seem unbalanced. I don't think that either droid is as powerful as a HRD, though, which is something to consider heavily.

If I were in your position, I'm not sure how I'd rule. Part of the choice would be dependent upon the maturity of the player to play the character and the high level of power to go with it without abusing it or making the rest of the party dissatisfied. Part of the choice would ride on how the character would fit in with the campaign.
If it's an NPC, as you implied, do what you gotta do to make a good story. Just be prepared to come up with a good, believable explanation of where this character came from. With something THIS expensive and unusual, it could be tough to justify as there are very few who could fund it, let alone WANT to fund it Smile

Donate to Ankhanu Press
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, we know from Children of the jedi, when a force user transfers into another;s body (with cray mingola and calista) her force use is removed. And that was from a jedi to another jedi.. IMO enteching would do the same.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Of course, how this sort of thing would fit into your campaign is really up to you. Vong plays a Jedi brain in a droid in one of the PbP games here on the Pit, and I think it's going relatively well... Similarly, Essomian was playing a Force user in a Jar style Bo'omar Monk in another game here on the Pit and didn't seem unbalanced. I don't think that either droid is as powerful as a HRD, though, which is something to consider heavily.

I miss playing Dune, and his droid. They're actually two characters as both can exist as seperate entities. I'd always intended the GM to NPC the droid but he seemed happy enough for me to control them both.

As far as power scales went I did have more dice than any other character in the game (I think) because I was able to have two characters that specalized in different attributes.

It's probably not a good idea to give a new roleplayer that level of power but it can work with an NPC.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: