The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bodo Baas holocron?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Bodo Baas holocron?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LamontCranston
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Bodo Baas holocron? Reply with quote

Neither the Dark Empire or Jedi Academy Trilogy sourcebooks provide stats for this the same way the Tales of the Jedi sourcebook does for the Ood Bnar holocron, none of them have rules for using them.
So...anyone come up with some on their own? Or for other Holocrons?

Last edited by LamontCranston on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember: you're the GM, so it has whatever you want it to. Here's how I would rule on it in one of my games.

The best I can say is that since only a jedi knight can use them with any level of success, I'd say a very difficult or heroic sense roll would be needed (Leia had sense 4D+2 when she used the Holocron) Only partial information should be givin in each attempt, like one lesson in the use of the force or history lesson that could lead the students to find other artifacts.

As for skills, I'd include combat sense and lightsaber combat, since Bodo Bass defeated Exar Kun in a lightsaber fight with only a walking stick. Not much else is around for his abilities, and it is listed as a source of history (and plot hooks) more than skill knowledge so I wouldn't include too many other skills.

I'd reduce difficulty with CP spending / extended meditation with willpower and stamina checks so characters will be able to get information from them, but I wouldn't make it easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: