The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Spending CPs in pbp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Spending CPs in pbp
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Spending CPs in pbp Reply with quote

How do you typically handle spending character points in a PbP game?

For mundane actions, I figure the player must state if they wish to use CPs for an action, but wasn't sure how it was usually handled for life-saving rolls.

Do you let players add to dodge if they would be hit, or only if they say they are using them before the rolls are made?

If the players are hit, do you just spend enough that they survive, give the player the damage result and ask if they wish to spend points (you are incapacitated, 2cps will make you wounded or 3 to shake it off), or have the players state an acceptable spending policy for their character (spend cps to keep my character as healthy as possible, spend to one wound level, etc)?

I want to try and keep things flowing, but don't like the idea of spending a players CPs for them.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally I've seen players state that they wish to use CPs if needed to gain a success in the post in which they declare an action.

In terms of life-savers, I have generally asked the player if they want to spend CPs, and how many. If they say yes, I roll those CPs and add to the total, if they say no, they enjoy the consequences Smile
I've also rolled the total, then rolled CPs to the total giving a result of: you're incapacitated, you can use 1CP and be incapacitated, 2CP and be wounded, 3CP and be wounded, or 4CP and be fine.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: