The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Favorite Stock Freighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Favorite Stock Freighter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Favorite Stock Freighter Reply with quote

I looked around, and I didn't see a thread about it, so here goes!

Post your favorite STOCK freighter! Yep, just the base model. No customization. If you could get any ship when you created your character, which one would you pick?

My personal fave is the Kazellis Light Freighter. Solid design, sleek lines and decent stats.

Here's the stats I look for in a freighter when I'm both a player and when I'm a GM considering what to offer to the PCs

Scale: Starfighter (Capital scale ships generally require large NPC crews, with a few exceptions)
Crew: Maximum 1 or skeleton 1/+5. (If all but one person is incapacitated, the ship can still fly and get away.)
Passengers: Depends on if the ship is primarily for cargo or passengers
Cargo: 100 tons, unless passenger space can be converted or the group specifically wants to be a passenger ship. Must have enough space for upgrades/replacements
Hyperdrive: x2
Manueverability: 1D. More is always better, system can't be replaced, only upgraded
Space: 4
Hull: 4D. More is always better, system can't be replaced, only upgraded.
Shields: 1D, (Could get away with less, but should have extra cargo space to compensate)
Sensors: No real hard requirement here
Weapons: At least one weapon with stock model. Able to upgrade to one forward firing and one turret mounted weapon.

Just my personal guidelines for selecting a ship. Cool design points always count towards the decision.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Stock Freighter Reply with quote

Rerun941 wrote:
I looked around, and I didn't see a thread about it, so here goes!

Post your favorite STOCK freighter! Yep, just the base model. No customization. If you could get any ship when you created your character, which one would you pick?

My personal fave is the Kazellis Light Freighter. Solid design, sleek lines and decent stats.

Here's the stats I look for in a freighter when I'm both a player and when I'm a GM considering what to offer to the PCs

Scale: Starfighter (Capital scale ships generally require large NPC crews, with a few exceptions)
Crew: Maximum 1 or skeleton 1/+5. (If all but one person is incapacitated, the ship can still fly and get away.)
Passengers: Depends on if the ship is primarily for cargo or passengers
Cargo: 100 tons, unless passenger space can be converted or the group specifically wants to be a passenger ship. Must have enough space for upgrades/replacements
Hyperdrive: x2
Manueverability: 1D. More is always better, system can't be replaced, only upgraded
Space: 4
Hull: 4D. More is always better, system can't be replaced, only upgraded.
Shields: 1D, (Could get away with less, but should have extra cargo space to compensate)
Sensors: No real hard requirement here
Weapons: At least one weapon with stock model. Able to upgrade to one forward firing and one turret mounted weapon.

Just my personal guidelines for selecting a ship. Cool design points always count towards the decision.
If I can get one I like the stock civilian version of the Incom Y-4 troop Transport in cracken's Threat Dossier (Has no weapons but plenty of space to add them) my second fave is the good trusty Ghtroc 580 Light Frieghter (a [better] predecsesor to the Ghtroc 720 Light Frieghter) which I have often had my ocasional Scout PC adapt for scouting/exploration duty.
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a campaign where they used a YT-2400. It was different from using the 1300. There was a great scene where we were boarded by stormtroopers. We barracaded the bridge whilst the troopers held the area by the escape pod. good times.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barloz-class Medium Freighter

It has nice cargo capacity, good defenses, and an all-around decent ship.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noven wrote:
Barloz-class Medium Freighter

It has nice cargo capacity, good defenses, and an all-around decent ship.
That's my third favorate, it's cheap to buy too.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to the YT-2400 for aesthetic reasons alone. The Ghtroc 720 is my favorite overall freighter, though. Those turtle ships are nice, wish I could find a mini or a figure of one.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the HT-2200. Lots of cargo space and easily upgraded. I'll have to try and find the stats for my old ship.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: