The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ysalamir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Ysalamir Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i should probably think of the bubble as a pool of calm water in the normal currents of the universe?

Interesting.

Could somone who has great strength of the force and who grew up surviving in the forrests of Myrkr from childhood adapt to overcome the anti force bubble.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Luke and Joruus C'Baoth couldn't do it, as strong as they were, I'm guessing no. Again it's a matter of not being able to manipulate what isn't there. The ysalamiri evolved that ability as a defense against the vornskr, which hunt by sensing the Force. The fact that the ysalamiri are still around is a testament to the ability's effectiveness.

Frankly, I don't see a point to trying to work around it. I find the ysalamiri more useful as a plot device to challenge Jedi with, forcing them to use their own native abilities separate from the Force, much as Luke was forced to in the Thrawn trilogy. That is kind of the whole reason for them existing in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: