The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Wars Cartoons...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Clone Wars Cartoons... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, current plans for the campaign are freshly minted Jedi Knights (And hangers on) get an Experimental version of the Acclimator-Class, designed to work as a Carrier, and are tasked to protect an entire sector with just it and the local navy.

The Sector is at the crossroads of two lesser-used (But still busy) Hyperspace Lanes: The Alderaan Transshipment Hyperway and the Sullust Switchback.

They'll have to deal with limited resources, local politics, pirates, rogue Sepratist forces, loyal Sepratist forces, and a surprise villian!

Oh, and lots of Lumrunners.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gry Sarth wrote:

I try to avoid turning my brain off unless I absolutely have to. The darn thing is so unreliable that often times it takes weeks to get back up to speed again after a shut down.

Sounds like my wife..... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Oh, and lots of Lumrunners.

Who'd a thought?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First character down. An Ubese Bounty Hunter-Wannabe. He failed the requirements test, and figures some military service would help him with that, and becomes a Scout Officer/Trainer in the Army. ("And they even pay for your college." as I put it.).

Confirmed for Two Jedi in the group.

Now, to wait and see for the rest. I should probably also move this thread to "Gamemasters" or "Adventures", eh?
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mightily impressed with the Clone Wars cartoon - it really gets better and better with every episode. It's not rocket science, but good, simple, honest cartoon fare for all the family. Star Wars is a rollercoaster ride through the hils and valleys of excitement and adventure, not a challenge to Shakespeare Smile I've not enjoyed a SW story told beyond the main movies so much since the old Marvel Comics. It makes me laugh with glee - what more can I want?

Jar Jar Binks is welcome comic relief now and then, especially with the dour Padme moping about, but every so often he teeters on the edge of COMPLETE DESTRUCTION BY MY OWN HAND!! (pant pant).

I'm considering writing and illustrating Clone Wars rpg support materials after (if!) I complete my OT guides, accumulating data from all the comics, cartoons, computer games and novels published so far, then quickly updating it to accommodate new media. I don't intend to merely generate hundreds of stat blcks, but create a proper, immersive gaming campaign environment, to not stat any characters the GM or players can't expect to get decent mileage out of.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definatly looking forward to that Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ray can i play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: