The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What are the D6 stats for Zombies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> What are the D6 stats for Zombies?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: What are the D6 stats for Zombies? Reply with quote

Don't really want them, but it looks like some sort of zombie is coming to official cannon http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deathtroopers

Also, is it a DSP to use the force against undead? Wink
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undead are not alive, and akin to constructs (droids) so do you earn a DSP for use against droids?

but then again are these undead sentient?

lots of questions to be answered first.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Wu-Jon
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read something about the reason DS points are earned for using the Force against a living creature. It goes beyond intent. It was something to the effect of "since life generates the Force, it is an aberration to use it against life."

If zombies are not alive and generating the Force, it seems that one could use the Force against them without using the Dark Side.

Just my thoughts.
Herglic_w/o_a_head
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I would see it (and I am getting this idea from the book Monster Island) is that zombies would have a 6th sense of sensing life or in this case force. So the zombies would be attracted to force, being that life/force keeps the rot and decay from consuming them completely (ie. zombies are unable to create their own life/force naturally being that they are reanimates/construct so to speak). Along this thought when sensing out for life you would see a null/absense of force like a black whole around the area of the zombies being that they are consuming and draining all of the force.

I have come up with some ideas for zombie stats.
Stats
These stats are the stats for zombies when they rise
Str: Same at time of death, if the score is 0 then the person cannot rise as an undead
Dex: 1d or if the stat in life is lower use that one
Perc: 2d or if the stat in life is lower use that one
Life sense: 6d (use this skill to sense the biggest life form, largest being humanoid above plants and animals, also you could just put this under as a force power under sense)
Know: 1pip
Mech: 1 pip
Tech: 1pip
move: 4 less than in life minimum 1
Physical damage: Str+1d
Energy damage: Str+1d
A head shot of wounding is the only way to completely kill the zombie all other damage will at most only maim the zombie taking off str
zombie is immune to all mind affects and the zombie does not become stunned at stunning damage or wounded damage.

stats for gain or loss in attributes
gain
Str: recently gain pips for engorging on the living (max 1d more than racial max being) all of this is discretional of the DM
Dex: no ability to gain
Perc: while starving for each pip/die that has been taken from str may be temporarily added to perc while starving
Know: no ability to gain
Mech: no ability to gain
Tech: no ability to gain

loss
Str: has not fed days (8+) -1 pip, has not fed in weeks -1d (3-4 weeks), has not fed in months -2d (3-4 months) after this take off a pip every year, once there is no more pips/dice the zombie has starved to death. When the zombie has eaten then add back pips one/day
Perc: no ability loss
Know: no ability loss
Mech: no ability loss
Tech: no ability loss

Zombie Rot (what turns humans into flesheaters)
When a character has become wounded and flesh is exposed and bleeding because a zombie have the character make a stamina check of 24 (this may be increased or decrease depending how bad the injury is ex. arm is ripped off add 20 to the difficulty) If character makes the check then the character is fine else follow the following
roll d6 once a day if the roll is 6 or 5 then the character will not have to make a check that day (keep track of all the rolls, the character's survival may depend on it).
A fail to get a 5 or 6 then the player must roll a d6 and follow chart to find out what attribute to subract one pip from
1-mech
2-tech
3-perc
4-str
5-dex
6-know
these subtractions are temporary and can only be added back when the character is cured. When adding pips to any attribute use what the score for the attribute would have been if not infected and add one pip to that and the current skill
once one of the attributes is reduced to zero the character falls uncontiouos and dies in their sleep after 1 day.

curing the zombie rot
a first aid check or medicine check of 50 (this skill can be increased if the DM so wishes) is required to cure the "rot" if failed the player must roll again on the -1 pip chart noted above.
if the character has rolled a 5-6 on their "daily" check a total of three times the character is cured

messsage me if you have any more ideas (i apologize for any confusion in this it is only a rough draft)

again these are only what i have been working on for a zombie in D6 Starwars
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Island was an interesting book and while I wasn't entirely sure that the fusion of science and what was essentially magic meshed completely I think a similar situation could work in a Star Wars setting.

If the zombies were created via some Dark Side power then the force becomes a conduit for the disease.

This way the zombies are not magically animated corpses but corpses that have been filled with Dark Side energy and are filled with all the base insticts (anger, hate etc...) that the Dark Side is known for. The process of course require upkeep which is why the zombies hunger for the living. They need to feed on the force and as they cannot draw on it directly they must physically ingest living creatures to do so. Eating many beings (or perhaps just beings strong in the force) could easily create the enhanced zombies.

As for infection it would be fairly simple to use the existing Dark Side mechanics. A zombies bite grants a Dark Side Point and if the Dark Side roll is failed then the character begins to die and become a zombie. Perhaps this means that Jedi healing techniques could help stave off the infection but a bacta tank would result in the creation of a 'master zombie'

The life sense is a pretty good idea but perhaps it would be better if it was just one of the lifde sensing force powers that zombies just had always active.

Spoiler alert explaining 'master zombies'
In the Monster Island the reason for the zombies being almost braindead was that during the dying process the brain is deprived of oxygen and suffers sever damage. If a person hooks themself up to a life support system that keeps the brain oxygenated while they die then when they become a zombie they retain all their memories and full cognitive functions. They also can learn to control other zombies

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: