The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - The Clone Wars Campaign Guide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:

I see you decided to skip doing Phase.

It's not just skipping Phase, it's how it was skipped. I chuckled for a couple of seconds. Very Happy
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Gry, thanks =)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisham wrote:
Forceally wrote:

I see you decided to skip doing Phase.

It's not just skipping Phase, it's how it was skipped. I chuckled for a couple of seconds. Very Happy

Oh, that was a serious lol!

I think I like your conversion much better than mine. Smile
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute. I'm looking at the Shatterpoint powers again. No problem with Shatterpoint sense. Shatterpoint strike - you're saying a Jedi uses this power to guide your strike so you can guide and time your strike so that it'll inflict maximum damage on the right spot at the right moment? Then this would be what Jacen and Jaina used to guide their lightsabers in Invincible, right? If so, then this isn't what Cade used against the Muur Talisman and what Mace used to get the trooper out of the AT-TE cockpit in Liberty on Ryloth. What they used is probably that new power from the Legacy Guide that I mentioned previously.

As for Technometry, like I think I said in a previous post, I believe Anakin Solo provided the best example when he was able to take apart and put back together a computer at a very young age. I can think of several other examples. Anakin used this to figure out the planetary repulsor in Showdown at Centerpoint. I also think Irek Ismaren used this to gain control of Artoo and the Eye of Palpatine in Children of the Jedi. Or perhaps it served as a prerequisite to this ability, which has also been called mechu-deru.

[quote="cheshire"]Leaving your clothing behind could be difficult to explain to all the Sith guards.[quote]

This brings to mind so many humorous and embarrassing plot devices. Embarassed Naughty, naught, cheshire. Laughing Laughing Laughing
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting. I've read a few EU novels and comics, but I'm just not an EU guru. (I convert the Force powers because I have a really good command of the established WEG powers.)

What, precisely are you saying is wrong with the mechanics that we've established in the conversion guide? I don't mind critiques, I just want to make sure I understand you properly.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nothing on your part insofar as the game mechanics. It was from my end. When I saw the title Shatterpoint Strike, I thought, "Ah, that's what they decided to call what Cade used on the Muur Talisman." It was today that I took the time to read the description that I realized I mistook the power for something else completely.

Like I said, the fault was from my end. Not yours or Gry Sarth's.

I do have a question about Pall of the Dark Side. Would this be what Palpatine used to his Force-sensitivity and his Sith identity from the Jedi?

I did find some erratas
The Subjugator cruisers were built by the Free Dac Volunteers Engineering Corps and Pammant Docks. Just as the Providence cruisers were.

I thought the AT-AP were built by Kuat Drive Yards.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Ok, with the release of the Legacy of the Force sourcebook, I think it's well past time to release this baby. So, without further ado I present you

The Clone Wars Campaign Guide - D6 Conversion
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ERC1XDJ

As always, try to point out any mistakes as soon as possible, before it starts spreading.

Big thanks to Cheshire and everyone who contributed in way way or another.

(Makes Evil Grin) Exxxxcccellent. 8) Twisted Evil
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

First I want to thank those responsible for the conversion. I had just started up a d6 Star Wars group set during the Clone Wars and the conversion came out a just the right time for my group.

Secondly, I was wondering if the 6D Hull is right for the Malevolence. It is a lot larger than the other ships listed, and the ship takes quite a pounding from 3 Venator-class ships. Since it is about as big as the old WEG listing for the Super Star Destroyer, maybe 10 would fit better with the TV show.

Thirdly, I have a suggestion for handling the big Ion cannon. Treat the "Ion Disc" effect as something that moved out from the ship. Say around 25 squares per turn from the moment it is fired. That way someone at long range can outrun it for a few rounds like they do on the show. Ships that are along the outer edge of the fire arc can dodge.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapon speeds is something that seems intuitive. Granted, it is logically possible to outrun a concussion missile or proton torpedo. I'm sure half of us have done it in the X-Wing series (assuming you folks are old enough).

Unfortunately, there are no game mechanics that help us know how to do that. But it sounds like a great thing to house rule for your game.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree. Some weapons can be outrun. There are several examples in the movies, clone cartoons, etc. of pilots outflying the explosion of a weapon.

Also, in the X-wing games, you can either try to fly faster than the the torpedo (hard to do), or fly circles around it until it hits something else or blows up on its own.
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, to play devil's advocate, outrunning a missile may be a GM being cinematic with his description of a plain and simple miss.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys. I have a question about shatterpoint strike. I recall reading the Legacy comics, and Cade was able to see the "flaws" in Darth Talon as a result of an earlier injury. He was also able to sense the flaws that were in the transparisteel container in which his father's lightsaber was kept. Was these applications shatterpoint strike or a different power? I'm pretty certain the latter one is, but not the former.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the comics, but I'll take a look once the sourcebook comes out to see what sort of descriptions they give to the power.

However, by nature, comics take a more liberal view of the Force powers than do the movies and books on which the WEG powers were based. There is a constant push now (especially in a medium which favors a bit more over-the-top depictions of heroes), for the Force to do more.

It may likely have been the artists' and writers' interpretation of that Force power or it may have even been a different manifestation of the Force. There are several unique manifestations of the Force in comics that have otherwise not been described or made into RPG statistics. I think I remember someone using the Force to root themselves in a doorway as in immovable object in the Tales of the Jedi series.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually do bring in weapon speeds, with the Finbat Anti-Walker missile. Rules state that it's rather slow at taking off from the launcher itself, giving those fired at, 2 rounds at the long range category to attempt to shoot it out of the air. I don't see why this couldn't be altered slightly to allow something to move out of the way, get clear of the blast or whatever.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
They actually do bring in weapon speeds, with the Finbat Anti-Walker missile. Rules state that it's rather slow at taking off from the launcher itself, giving those fired at, 2 rounds at the long range category to attempt to shoot it out of the air. I don't see why this couldn't be altered slightly to allow something to move out of the way, get clear of the blast or whatever.

It wouldn't be too difficult to work something up. Basically missiles could have speed and maneuver codes and attack ships when in the same square. Missiles could also have a limited endurance before they run out of fuel.

D20 had a rule like this, but the missiles were so slow (Speed 10) that practically any ship could outrun a missile with a double or all out move. Maybe Speed 20 would be more like it for d6?

But I suppose this idea should be taken over to the House Rules section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: