The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: The Galaxy Guide(formerly: Star Wars D6 Database)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars: The Galaxy Guide(formerly: Star Wars D6 Database) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcon wrote:
Also NPC will have to be done all by hand since there is no material to easily pull them from.

...not just yet. 8)
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to be starting working in again in about a month. I finsih my honors project at the end of next month - and then graduate (YAY!). So im still paying attention, and will be working furiously on it again Smile. Keep sending updates my way as you make them gry Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website's down for a little while. I'm aware of it, not sure what's up. Probably a thunderstorm killed the power. Someone's gonna take a look at it and with luck it'll be back up shortly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
McKinley
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to put a map of the Galaxy on there?
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, that'd be pretty awesome actually. (Once I figure out what's up with my server and get it back online Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, we're back. Sorry for the downtime. Living away from my server makes sense right now cause I have to move at least twice a year (college student). But bloody hell is it annoying when the thing goes down.
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, the semester is winding down and I finally have some more free time to work on this. Vehicles are still on hold, but registration and login are now working. It's very simple and I will be progressively adding to it, but as it stands now you may no longer add new entries or edit old ones unless you are logged in.

I've also started importing the text files Gry gave me. So far I've just done the weapons up through Miscellaneous. I'm debating what to do with the artillery and ship weapons as those seem to fall under different categories. However, the existing weapons are searchable (at least their names, models and types are.

I'll continue working on both importing and improving the database itself as I find the time to. If you'd like to help me debug, and or improve the database head on over to it and register on the forums there. There's a forum for posting bugs and one for discussing the database.

Even though most of the information has been brought in from the import of Gry's material there's still some stuff that just wasn't importable. Namely: pictures, which will still need to be added by hand with the edit ability, and descriptions. Gry's material lacked the nice little descriptions that came with each item in the original source material. So we need people to scour the web for pictures of each item, and scour the source books for those descriptions.

If you're too lazy to go back to the first page here's a link to the database:
The Galaxy Guide
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update:

-Fixed some bugs in registration and login.
-Caused weapons to be order by category when browsing them. They are now less of a mess.
-Spruced up the look and feel a little bit.
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, briefly emerging from my self imposed gaming hiatus to let you know that the Galaxy Guide has received a face lift. No new functionality. Just nice new look. It's based off the old 2nd Ed Galaxy Guide covers. Tell me what you think!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like. It's a nice look.
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a little more time working on it today. I added some content -- again trying to mimic the tone and style of the original sourcebooks. Updated the look and feel of the browse, search and new pages. I also fixed some bugs in search (it will now accurately search through NPCs), and made both browse and search slightly more pleasant to use.

Editted to add: I've now also turned registration for the forums back on. I'd turned it off to stymie a massive influx of bots. Now I have Anti-Bot Question installed and the bots will not be able to get through. If you'd registered previously but hadn't posted you'll have to reregister. There's no activation though so it's instant.
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Galaxy Guide has moved: http://www.thegalaxyguide.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: